Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so basicly in a few weeks time im going to be meeting up with my friend who i havent seen in atleast 3 years :grin: and have a few games with him at warhammer world (notts. england) all i know is he loves his kroot whatever they are and broadside battle suits

i play SM and got a bit of money saved up to buy some more stuff because we will be playing about 2000 - 3000 points is there anything in particular i should get?

i was thinking of a couple of land raiders (2 at very most) and a squad of assult marines

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Landraiders are broadside fodder. They'll probably lose you more points than earn you because they don't last long against str 10 ap 1 railguns (which are mounted twin-linked on the broadside battlesuits you mentioned he likes). I guess you could field them if you wanted your friend to have the enjoyment of blowing them up.

Tau have some trouble dealing with large amounts of deepstriking troops, especially if they don't have a lot of plasma rifles, so a few units of terminators can be a pain for him, though expect to lose a lot of them.

Lascannon devastators with a bunch of extra guys in the squad are good at taking down broadsides (or about as good as it gets anyhow), and assault marines with a flamer or two are pretty good at dealing with infiltrating kroot.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Stock up on termies, assault marines, and Lascannon devastators. Tau absolutely hate combat, so get into to cc, then he's dead. And then meat.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I agree with the other sudgestions but will add that bikes can be devestating to them if they use cover or turbo-boost. They are tough enough to be all but unscathed by Tau in hand-to-hand.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree with the other sudgestions but will add that bikes can be devestating to them if they use cover or turbo-boost. They are tough enough to be all but unscathed by Tau in hand-to-hand.

:biggrin::biggrin: i bought 2 bikes an attack bike and chaplain on a bike the other day :biggrin::biggrin:

·
Registered
162 Posts
you can risk having your ppl in transports to get them up there quick and into assault. the risk would be you have to have first turn. load up on some jump pack marines and go to battle. If you try to out gun the tau you'll probably be dissapointed.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Chaplian on a bike? Can you give Chaplians Teleport Homer? If so, shoot him behind some cover, then on your turn two, turbo boost up towards his Line, and as soon as you can, Terminator deep strike all around the Chaplian..... works on my friend, only trouble could be the Hammerhead, seeing as it can move then fire, although more expensive than the Broadside, and not Twin-linked, it still trouble

·
Registered
615 Posts
Have tons of scouts, and inflitrate back, they can easily kill Kroot and Tau, then have a few bikes to take to act as Fodder. Mount 2 Rhinos. and charge, with 2 squads of Jump Infantry. Predators with HB, and AC works well too. cheap!

Trick is to have to many targets for the TAU player to consentrate on, so dont hide some units, only to have a few in the open,

CHARGE!!!111223

·
Registered
396 Posts
i play Tau and my friend simply loves breaking ma railheadz and suits with land speeders, jst get loads of multi melters and assult cannon land speeders, they allway kick my ass.

-Olek.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts