Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Im starting a warhammer 40k table and i need some tutorials on how to make buildings and so on with simple tools (i can go and buy some if need be, but preferably not) and easy to acquire materials.

my theme is like cities of death, so imperial city, damaged and intact

And yes i have seen the cities of death table tutorial. but that doesnt go into detail bout buildings.

all help is greatly appreciated :)

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Have you checked out the old Cityfight stuff - I found that really good. I think I've got some of the articles hiding on my hard drive somewhere if your interested.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I made all my buildings from foamboard, great material to work with and when you base the walls with some gritty wallpaint you'll end up with some nice results (to bad i cleared my pc of all my buildings or i could show you some) The inspiration for them i took from the city fight book and from the internet.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That would be great Jacobite :)

Great, and I guess you can get foamboard from any old hardware store. The paint isn't a problem. I get all my inspiration from Cities of Death and the Article on How to make your own Cities of Death table.

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
mine are made from MDF, but theyre really not classic GW gothic. but still, check out my thread in ongoing topics if you fancy.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I don't have one for my buildings but can write oen up fairly easily.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
If you do put it in the Articles section as well, its looking pretty thin up there at the moment.

I'm trying to finish one at the moment but its text heavy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts