Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sooooo, I'm going to be playing my first ever apocalypse game soon, Rather excited, been reading my Apoc Book and everything :3

It'll be in about 2 weeks time, so i have time to prepare....

So heres my model count;

7 Plague marines
19 Chaos Space marines (So either CSM or Chosen)
40 Khorne Berserkers
9 Thousand Sons (including Sorc)
5 Terminators
2 Daemon Princes
Kharn the betrayer
Abaddon
2 Defilers
3 Rhinos
Land Raider
1 Dreadnought
5 Raptors (hate these things with a passion : 3)
Terminator Lord
Dreadnought
2 Obliterators

So i wondered if we could come up with something;

It'll be 3,000 Points.

Not worried about Theme this time (shocker :shok:) , Just wanna try and cover all aspects! :]

I have about £30 Spending money, if you wanna reccommend me something to buy. I shall try and comply!

BLOOD FOR THE NEUTRAL GOD
Thanks in advance :3

EDIT: Sorry, i'm not asking for you to do lists, I am coming up with one, just bare with! :D

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
HQ-
Abaddon the Despoiler - 275

•Kharn the Betrayer - 165

ELITES-
•(5) Terminators - 195
Pair of Lightning Claws, 4 Combi-melta, chainfist.
Deepstriking with as Abaddon's Termi-Guards

•(5) Chaos Chosen - 140
5 Meltagun

Chaos Dreadnought - 135
Plasma Cannon, Extra Armour. Heavyflamer

TROOPS-
•(8) Khorne Berserkers - 263
Skull Champion with Powerfist, Personal Icon
Rhino Extra Armour

•(7) Khorne Berserkers - 152
Personal Icon, Will ride in Land Raider with Kharn

•(7) Plague Marines - 276
Plague Champion with Powerfist, 2 Meltagun, Personal Icon
Rhino with Extra Armour

•(5) Chaos Space Marines - 215
Aspiring Champion with Powerfist, Lascannon

•(9) Thousand Sons Marines - 297
Aspiring Sorcerer; Bolt of Change. Personal Icon

HEAVY SUPPORT-
•Land Raider - 150
Daemonic Possession

Defiler - 150
4x DCCW

Defiler - 150
4x DCCW

•(2)Obliterators - 150

Total - 2993

Models spare, 5 Raptors, 1 Rhino, 1 Daemon Prince, 16~ Berserkers, 4 CSM

Comment, change it, Reccommend me something to add, and i might be able to get hold of one. :]

!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've been hesitant to respond since I'm no expert, but I'll give it a shot.

First, I'd take every piece of heavy support I have (as you did in your list).

Then, for troops, I'd do the same thing you did, except to put Kharn and his berzerkers in the third rhino (both rhinos with berzerkers having EA) Points allowing, I might also buff up that 5 man CSM squad to make it better able to hold a home objective.

The first big switch is I'd then put Abaddon the despoiler in the LR with his terminator buddies, though that means a terminator will have to be cut.

Lastly, I'd cut the dread and add in the Daemon Prince. If points become an issue, the first thing I'd cut is the squad of chosen, unless you can find a rhino for them, too.

So, the list would look something like:

HQ-
Abaddon the Despoiler - 275

Kharn the Betrayer - 165

•Daemon Prince - 175
Wings, MoN, Warptime

ELITES-
(4) Terminators - 155
Pair of Lightning Claws, 4 Combi-melta, chainfist.

TROOPS
-
(8) Khorne Berserkers - 263
Rhino Extra Armour

(8) Khorne Berserkers - 263
Rhino Extra Armour

(7) Plague Marines - 276
Plague Champion with Powerfist, 2 Meltagun, Personal Icon
Rhino with Extra Armour

(10) Chaos Space Marines - 230
Aspiring Champion with Powerfist, Two Lascannons

(9) Thousand Sons Marines - 297
Aspiring Sorcerer; Bolt of Change. Personal Icon

HEAVY SUPPORT-
Land Raider - 150
Daemonic Possession

Defiler - 150
4x DCCW

Defiler - 150
4x DCCW

(2)Obliterators - 150

Total - 2699

I don't have a codex (or a calculator) at the moment so the underlined and italicized numbers are approximated from memory. I feel like I did the math wrong. If there really are 300 points left, chosen/dreadnaught can be added in. Additional points can be saved by removing personal icons from the troop squads, as well as EA from the PM's rhino.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you got the theme of where i was going, I'm assuming what we've roughly said is proberbly my best bet!

Hopefully it should work out fine...

Would you reccommend buying anything new? Anything in particular missing. It's a hard call, as neither of us Really know Apocalypse... But hopefully someone will know! :]

·
Registered
211 Posts
Apocalypse isnt really all that different from standard 40k (except its bigger) at the 3000 poiunt level unless someone brings a superheavy along.

You could try looking at the Apocalypse formations and see what you can field.

As for buying something new it depends on how many points you have left and if you are going to want to play more apocalypse as all sorts of things you wouldnt use in normal 40k are much more viable in Apocalypse. If it was me however I would get a Vindicator. Why? I love em.

·
Great Unclean One
2,611 Posts
Best I could do at 3,000 points, staying as close as possible to what you've already got:

HQ
• Abaddon the Despoiler

275 points
• Khârn the Betrayer
165 points

ELITES
• 5 Terminators
- Icon of Chaos Glory; heavy flamer and chainfist; 3 combi-meltas; Land Raider with Daemonic Possession
435 points
• Dreadnought - plasma cannon
105 points
• 5 Chosen - Icon of Chaos Glory; 5 meltaguns
150 points

TROOPS
• 10 Chaos Marines
- Aspiring Champion with powerfist and Icon of Chaos Glory; 2 meltaguns; Rhino
255 points
• 9 Thousand Sons - Aspiring Sorceror with Bolt of Change
269 points
• 8 Khorne Berzerkers - Skull Champion with powerfist; 2 plasma pistols; Rhino with extra armour
288 points
• 8 Khorne Berzerkers - Skull Champion with powerfist; Rhino with extra armour
258 points
• 8 Khorne Berzerkers - Skull Champion with powerfist; Rhino with extra armour
258 points
• 7 Plaguebearers
91 points

HEAVY SUPPORT
• 2 Obliterators

150 points
• Defiler – 2 extra close-combat arms
150 points
• Defiler - 2 extra close-combat arms
150 points

TOTAL:
2,999 points

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks svartt for the list, and Yllib, No superheavies, neither of us own one, So thanks for clearing that up :}}

Svartt, if you could buy 1 set, what would you get, to improve the list? **excluding the 4th rhino.

·
Great Unclean One
2,611 Posts
...if you could buy 1 set, what would you get, to improve the list?
Plaguebearers. Because everyone could benefit from a little more Nurgle in their lives :biggrin:

EDIT: there was a nifty post on BoLS Lounge recently that showed converting the new plastic Bloodletters into Plaguebearers; that would be cheaper than the current metal Plaguebearers and still leave you 3 Bloodletters for your bizarre and aberrant fondness for the Blood God :p

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm new to 40k but i now if you can get one more Defiler you can use the formation that allows a whole squad of zerekres to jump on use fleet and charge out in the same turn.
That might give you something to think for your apoc game

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well Svart, seeing as theyre just Lesser daemons... I might aswell keep them as Blootletters? No point commiting sacrilegious crimes on Khorne Models? ;P

Or when you say Plaguebearers, do you mean using Daemons codex?

EDIT: Is that true coolest? I never saw that in my book :O That'd be wicked. :O

·
Registered
211 Posts
Well Svart, seeing as theyre just Lesser daemons... I might aswell keep them as Blootletters? No point commiting sacrilegious crimes on Khorne Models? ;P

Or when you say Plaguebearers, do you mean using Daemons codex?
Its the only way to include them. Dont forget this apocalypse you can use pretty much whatever you want from any codex and daemons actually makes sense...

·
Registered
44 Posts
just a few things i need to know how big is the table, are you playing kill points or objectives, can you do counts as or borrow minis from frends and what is every single model got like what wepons are they modeled with

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Erm, for starters its not WYSIWYG, it's an 8/4 Table, but can be cut down to obviously 4/4 6/4 or w/e.

Proberbly roll for kill points or objectives. We can do count as.

It's literally a game against my best mate, so we pretty much allow anything, unless its crazy... like Using a Defiler as a count as Dark Reaper. Ect

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
Apocalypse Formations for Chaos:

Uraka's Headhunters
Requires - a Khorne Herald, A Khorne DP without wings, and 16 Bloodletters, you can field these as a Strike Force - when the formation deep strikes, enemies within 24" of the Daemon Prince take a pinning test, and once per game, all models in the formation reroll failed to wound rolls against a single particular IC, or character like Monster - if that target is slain by one of the models in the formation, you gain an additional objective at the end of the game.

Uraka the Warfiend
Requires - Daemon Prince without Wings
This is just a new DP character - basically every attack causes Instant Death, and a 2+ Inv. Save versus Psychic Powers/Force Weapons.

An'ggrath the Unbound
Requires - Bloodthirster
Kills everything it touches - -2 to Ld in CC, 7 WS10 S8 Attacks, +D3 on the charge, gets an additional attack if rolls a 6.

Dreadclaw
No model necessarily needed, Chaos Drop Pod, allows Dreadnought or 10 guys to deploy from reserve as a Drop Pod

Helltalon
No model needed, just use an Attack Run - TL Lascannon, an Autocannon/Havoc Launcher, and 8 Bombs

Hellblade
As above, but only with TL Autocannon

Dreadclaw Talon
3 units in Dreadclaws, grants the Orbital Bombardment Asset,

Daemon Engine Summoning
3+ Defilers/Brass Scorpions - while one designated model in the deployment is alive, all members within 18" repair Weapon Destroyed or Immobilised results on a 4+

One of my favourite apocalypse sets is the The Purge - although Nurgle, they have the following requirements - 1 CL with MoN, 1+ PM squad. First turn, D3 Poison Barrages (Apoc Barrage 3, 4+ Poison, AP5 Pinning), On a 4+, Second Turn, On a 6, Third Turn as well. Free Blight Grenades for CSM and Terminator Squads, and Chem Burner Options - Poison 3+ AP5 Pinning Flamer Weapons.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 16 of 16 Posts