Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm in the process of creating a compilation of some of the best ideas that this forum has mustered wrt how to improve Necrons in the next codex. I plan to provide this feedback to Games Workshop (should they accept it) and include the results of the survey (see below). Help me out by taking the 10 question survey if you are playing (or plan to play) Necrons.

Please pass it along to as many Necron players as you know of. Here is the link. It's only 10 questions so it should be easy and maybe even a little fun.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/BM6Q26R

·
Ancient Relic
2,430 Posts
definitely pariahs need to have 2 attacks and feel no pain. phase out needs to go. wraiths need power weapons, gauss needs to be able to blow up vehicles, like glance on 6 but with a -1 modifier instead of -2. named characters, and the ability to use the nightbringer model, essence maybe.
ps. the link doesnt bring me to a survey, just to the home page.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
the link is the same for me.

We'll be back has been said that it will NOT go tho it has been said it will change a fair bit so that fine for me. Pariahs need some sort of boost to there power

·
Registered
860 Posts
I've heard a few rumors regarding changes GW has in mind and I like what I'm hearing. I've heard:

- The C'Tan are going to be Apoc only
- the Necron Lord will have a varient system. His model, stats, weapons, and powers will revolve around his body structure. He can apparently be a destroyer varient, a spider varient, a wraith varient, and some sort of scorpion varient (although this could be the spider varient)
- Rumor has it that either the Pylon or Prism tank will be made available for non-apoc games
- The monolith will see a point increase
- Necrons will be Stubborn
- WBB will become FNP

Now these are just a few rumors I've heard from a non-credited source. Really the only thing I don't like out of this list is the pylon and or prism addition, particularly the prism. If anyone has fought a Monolith with a prism tank, they'll know how annoying the little thing is.

·
Registered
496 Posts
TBH if it were me id like to see flayed ones being made into troops, which would give necrons the ability to go melee or ranged (though Flayed may need a slight rule change)

WBB to FNP is just going to be a pain in the ass.... Dual 3+ saves :/ but atleast its easyer to counter

The C'Tan are going to be Apoc only
IMO that was needed... the C'Tan just rip ass with their overload of rigged abilitys lol plus the fact that they have the highest toughness in the game

Necrons will be Stubborn
pain in the ass...

the Necron Lord will have a varient system. His model, stats, weapons, and powers will revolve around his body structure. He can apparently be a destroyer varient, a spider varient, a wraith varient, and some sort of scorpion varient (although this could be the spider varient)
sounds liek a great change to me, having different forms of Lord will definantly make Crons more interesting to play

The monolith will see a point increase
bout fucking time lol, liths are so jewish in the fact that in a 750 points game if theres a lith on the other team you have to get them to phase out... which isnt easy considering there will be a lord with res orb

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
TBH if it were me id like to see flayed ones being made into troops, which would give necrons the ability to go melee or ranged (though Flayed may need a slight rule change)
And a serious power increase.

WBB to FNP is just going to be a pain in the ass.... Dual 3+ saves :/ but atleast its easyer to counter
FNP only provides a 4+ save. Which is about the same as WBB in terms of going around it. WBB is more fluffy though.

IMO that was needed... the C'Tan just rip ass with their overload of rigged abilitys lol plus the fact that they have the highest toughness in the game
Yes, because clearly C'tan nec lists have been the bane of tournaments the past 3 editions...

pain in the ass...
No, much needed seeing as sweeping advance is the worst thing necrons can ever experience. And they did that a little too often.
sounds liek a great change to me, having different forms of Lord will definantly make Crons more interesting to play
Much needed indeed.

bout fucking time lol, liths are so jewish in the fact that in a 750 points game if theres a lith on the other team you have to get them to phase out... which isnt easy considering there will be a lord with res orb
Seems fair. Living metal is seriously a good ability. Not that it's an unfair price by far, but if phase out is going to go the lith should probably cost a bit more. If it's stats remain the same of course.

·
Ancient Relic
2,430 Posts
I've heard a few rumors regarding changes GW has in mind and I like what I'm hearing. I've heard:

- The C'Tan are going to be Apoc only
- the Necron Lord will have a varient system. His model, stats, weapons, and powers will revolve around his body structure. He can apparently be a destroyer varient, a spider varient, a wraith varient, and some sort of scorpion varient (although this could be the spider varient)
- Rumor has it that either the Pylon or Prism tank will be made available for non-apoc games
- The monolith will see a point increase
- Necrons will be Stubborn
- WBB will become FNP

Now these are just a few rumors I've heard from a non-credited source. Really the only thing I don't like out of this list is the pylon and or prism addition, particularly the prism. If anyone has fought a Monolith with a prism tank, they'll know how annoying the little thing is.
these "rumours" are the same things that have been floating around for the last 4 years, so they are completely made up and are common sense, because they are the necron problem areas. WBB to FNP will ruin the feel of the crons, they should regenerate at the end of each phase instead of the beginning of the next turn.

·
Banned
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not too concerned about the rumors. I used to be constantly searching for them to find out when the new codex is coming out and what changes are coming. Ultimately I just decided to say 'heck with it'.

Honestly I would rather wait longer for the new codex than get one I don't like. I'm hoping to send the results of this survey to GW no later than next week so please pass it along to as many Necron players (& other forums) that you know about.

·
Ancient Relic
2,430 Posts
right, i just posted this on BoLS, and it is going up on the c'tan support group within the next 5 minutes, could someone try and put it up on DakkaDakka as well please? i think this is a fucking brilliant idea, so have some rep for the brains to come up with this

·
Banned
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks for your support!!

All,

I'm very impressed with the level of responses since I posted this. We have almost 100 responses. Also we only got a couple of ... more "colorful" write in responses :shok: so I think Games Workshop will believe we took this seriously.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you for your help.

I'm going to close down the survey tomorrow night at 10PM (i.e. May 31st, 10PM, Central Standard Time) so if you haven't replied be sure to get your responses in soon.

Thanks again!

P.S. I'll post the results tomorrow night.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I was also told phase out was going to be eliminated. Is that common knowledge as well? I'm a tyranid player, but one of my friends has a necron side army so I get the info from him. Not a big fan of necrons really, just cause their army is a little uninteresting at the moment. I mean once you have souless skeleton robots...not much more you can add to them to make them interesting. I think if they added strange constructs that looked less like a standard necron, the army would look far more interesting.

·
Jeep's and Harley's
1,997 Posts
I kinda like the 'cron's ... seriously considered them for a side army for shits and giggles. Went with 'Nids instead but I am still drawn to the deadites. Perhaps a third army for me. could be fun, but really would not take long to put that shit together as it is very uncustomizable ... <---- WTF

·
Registered
650 Posts
Not a big fan of necrons really, just cause their army is a little uninteresting at the moment. I mean once you have souless skeleton robots...not much more you can add to them to make them interesting. I think if they added strange constructs that looked less like a standard necron, the army would look far more interesting.
If they took out ctan, made WBB FNP, and phase out, then it would become even more boring I think, basically turns them into metal nurgle followers =/
Sucking the soul out of a soulless army, hmmmm

and I reeeeeally hope they dont put a tank in the army, that would defeat the purpose of the monolith, a single "super tank", in some cases the simplicity of the necrons is what makes them interesting. Although new lord varients and cool monstrous creatures would be interesting.

·
Banned
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
All,

Thanks again for your replies to the survey. As promised, here are the results.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/sr.aspx?sm=g2MwIz_2fUYrrcFEMEe5eDjXBICbmtPw9_2bP5Vp4la8Qww_3d

I'm going to leave the survey open but I have already captured the results I will use as a data point for a letter to GW. I'll post that letter soon (in the next few days) to see if anyone would like to append their signature.

Cheers!

P.S. I caved to the pressure and added the FNP versus WBB question at the end of the survey. You can go back to the survey at the start of this thread and add your response to it if you desire.

·
Registered
207 Posts
All gauss needs is rending. Period. Think about how good that would make the entire army. Now you have to power to take out AV12 with just troops and the power to actually fend off an assault with rending or just simply having the power to cause wounds on things like monsterous creatures. Destroyers gauss would laugh at land raiders. Wraiths absolutly needs to either have rending or have powerweapons. There needs to be all kinds of upgrades and new units expecially for troops.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
It's all rumour at the moment, NOTHING is confirmed and very little has even been hinted at.

The only hints there are are in the BRB and refer to the multi-level Lord system. That's it! That is the only thing with any credibility.

There is no reason why C'tan would be Apoc only, so no reason to suspect that change.

The original reasoning behind the rumour about WBB changing to FNP was the theory that GW wanted everything to conform to USRs. Recent codices have not supported this theory, so WBB is likely to stay but with a much clearer description of how it works.

There will probably be changes to some aspects, particularly the weapons systems. The effective functionality of Gauss weapons has changed significantly because of the 5th ed. rules.

Some CC balance issues regarding the Warriors need to be addressed, because the vulnerability regarding Phase Out is to powerful. But, as this can be done in any number of ways, it isn't even worth speculating what the resolution GW have chosen might be at this stage.

It is not unlikely, from what my sources told me last year, that Necrons won't get a new codex until 6th ed., so we could be in for a long wait.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts