Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 1k tourney coming up. Limited FOC to 1 HQ, 6 Troop, 1 Elite, 1 Fast, 1 Heavy. No fliers. Games will be preset as Relic, Scouring, Big Guns, Purge, and that capture the flag two objective crap. Deployments will be rolled on each game for all tables.

I know there will be a Venom Spam DE list, a pretty nasty Necron list, White Scars and Tau. There could also be a vanilla marine list, DA, Nids, and a second Necron list.

What I am looking at right now is this:

Wolf Guard Battle Leader (Runic Armor)

ADL w/ Quad Gun

5x GHs (Meltagun, Heavy Bolter Razorback)
5x GHs (Meltagun, Heavy Bolter Razorback)
5x GHs (Flamer, Heavy Bolter Razorback)
5x GHs (Flamer, Heavy Bolter Razorback)

5x Long Fangs (Flamer, 4x Missile Launchers)

4x TWC (Wolf Claw)

The thought was to use the WGBL to man the quad gun, run the LFs in the ADL with him, but not attached unless I have to for multiple targeting. The TWC are mostly a distraction unit since they're big and scary to pull attention away from my scoring units, or if I really need them to maul something (like bikes) to run them up behind the razorbacks.

I know the White Scars will be running two bike squads, scouts, a landspeeder squadron, and a vindi.
DE will bring 6 or 7 venoms with tons of poisoned shots, a ravenger, and a dedicated CC squad of some kind.
Tau will have maxed out broadsides and some kind of amazing buffing HQ. (Never played Tau)
Necrons will have something like 3 warrior squads, ghost arks, and wraiths with a destroyer lord.

This will only be my second 6th ed tourney because I was out of country for a while and still don't get to play much so playtesting is almost impossible. Still managed to come in 2nd in the last tourney running my white scars but they are on loan this tourney.

I'm a little worried because the only two times I've played SW casually in 6th I got spanked. Hard. By Nids and DE. Is this worth bringing or am I in for much of the same?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So nobody wants to tackle this one? I know it's a bit wordy and the FOC limitations are aggravating. Originally instead of a Wolf Claw and a flamer for the LFs I had 5 missiles.

And instead of an ADL and Runic armor on my Battle Leader I was running a Rifleman Dread and the BL was just riding with a troop choice. I also lost a melta that way.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts