Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone. I started building up my BA force into a dantewing list but I didnt really like the way it was being horribly slaughtered so I figured before I buy more things I want to know where I should go with my army. I'm aiming for something either at 1500 or 1750 points. These are the models I have so far in my BA color scheme:

Dante
DV captain (power sword, combi plas)
DV libby with JP (power sword)
5x assault marines
10x sanguinary guard with assorted goodies (no chapter banner yet)
Land speeder which could either be a TML or melta speeder
Fragioso
Dread with assorted arms (assault cannon, missile launcher, plasma cannon, multi melta)
5man dev squad with plasma cannons
Stormraven with swappable weaponry.

Now what I'm thinking is I obviously flesh out the assault marine count to 20-30 bodies. Grab some sanguinary priests. Put the fragioso in a drop pod. What I'm seeing as my "home base" for objective games is the normal dread, the plasma devs and a squad of something like sniper scouts. I'm kind of a big fan of the BA specific models, so another thing I'm thinking of is throwing death company and/or a DC dread into the stormraven. Kind of a points sink though. I'm not looking for super burly competitive lists, but something that is relatively strong.

My rambling is done, any suggestions?
-Arcticor

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
As much as I hate to say it I think you need some Tactical marines to lay down some bolter hurt. At the moment you don't have any rabid firing goodness to help the plasma cannon guys whittle down the foe before your assault elements hit and while BA do love a good CC fight they do need a bit of shooting to help them out.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
while BA do love a good CC fight they do need a bit of shooting to help them out
This....isn't always true. There is enough mobile fire support from Baal predators and HB sponson equipped SRs to compensate for not using tactical marines at all. If I want to take tactical marines they are Imperial Fists, and then it's only to try out different play styles.

That being said, Baals are key support to assault squads. Same with DP Fragiosos.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts