Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I need YOUR help

Trying to build a 1850pts Blood Angels Drop Pod Assault list to be as competitive as possible.

I am willing to treat them as just 'Red Marines' by this I mean bringing in other Chapter formations/Detachments to get things like Storm Talons and Centurions

I am really struggling has anyone got any ideas or even seen a cool list to work upon?

You see my other weak attempts here.

Another idea I have had and yet to write is

Librarian
2 Furioso in pods
Sternguard in pod
Cassor the damned in pod
3 full units of assault marines in pods
Stormwing

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
well, it goes without saying that if you want to go brutal, you MUST start with the Skyhammer formation. Sure, the Devastators aren't assault marines, but they drop down first turn and wreck things, and then your jump pack marines cause all sorts of havoc.

After that I would suggest a Flesh Tearers detachment, because they only require one squad of troops, and have access to lots and lots of Fast Attacks, so lots of pods and assault marines.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, it goes without saying that if you want to go brutal, you MUST start with the Skyhammer formation. Sure, the Devastators aren't assault marines, but they drop down first turn and wreck things, and then your jump pack marines cause all sorts of havoc.

After that I would suggest a Flesh Tearers detachment, because they only require one squad of troops, and have access to lots and lots of Fast Attacks, so lots of pods and assault marines.
Funny you say this as I have just posted an updated list in the army list section that is just that

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=199938&page=2

1 - 6 of 6 Posts