1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. The Interex (Horus Rising)
2. The Diasporex (Fulgrim)
3. The Olamic Quietude (Prospero Burns)
4. False Terra (Sixty-Three-Nineteen, Horus Rising)
5. Avenians (Shrike, A Thousand Sons)
6. Nurthene (Legion)
7. Cadians (The First Heretic)
8. Davinites (Horus Rising)
9. Centaurs (unknown planet, "Children of the Emperor", Let the Galaxy Burn)
10. Primarch homeworlds before Imperial contact

Any more guys?

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I believe the Aghoru were human, they joined the imperium willingly after diplomacy. Xenos are not given this option

Also the Auretian Technocracy from Horus rising

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aghoru
Auretian Technocracy
Yes these definitely count

the techno-society on Faze V
I believe this would count

There's also a human culture the Space Wolves help in "Wolf at the Door". Unfortunately, after the SW help them defeat Dark Eldar raiders, the local humans refuse to join the Imperium and are either wiped out or forcefully conquered (I forget which).

Wolf at the Door
A band of Space Wolves belonging to the 13th Great Company, which is traveling with the 954th Expeditionary Fleet, rediscover a planet which was previously hidden by Warp Storms. It is inhabited by humans, and is therefore to be brought into the fold of the Imperium. However, the planet is regularly raided by what the locals call "Harrowers" (Dark Eldar, Kabal of the Shrieking Heart). The Space Wolves battle to expel the raiders from the planet, but the end result is both unwanted and unexpected.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If these count then it should be pointed out that every human culture was non-Imperial before a certain point.
Sure, but do we know any details about the pre-Imperial cultures of these other worlds? There's no point to listing a particular planet if it's pre-Imperial culture is unknown to us.

I included Cadia because we actually got a glimpse of pre-Imperial Cadian culture in The First Heretic. I'm sure Armageddon had a pre-Imperial culture, it's just that we know nothing about it.

Actually, I'd like to add Catachan. I don't think the Imperium has had much influence on the culture of Catachan. Since Imperial contact, they've provided manpower to the Imperial Guard...that's about it. What we see now is likely very similar to what we would've seen pre-contact.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I don't have the book in front of me, but there's a human culture that the Word Bearers destroy in one of the short story collections... I think it's mentioned again in The First Heretic... they already had a copy of the Leticio Divinatus pre-contact and were wiped out by the WB on Lorgar's order... big electricity-shooting glass robots with a near-impervious shield around their capital.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Oh, there's also the Isstivanians, mentioned in both Galaxy in Flames and Deliverance Lost.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh, there's also the Isstivanians, mentioned in both Galaxy in Flames and Deliverance Lost.
You means locals of Istvaan? Was their culture described as quite distinct from mainstream Imperial culture?

I don't have the book in front of me, but there's a human culture that the Word Bearers destroy in one of the short story collections... I think it's mentioned again in The First Heretic... they already had a copy of the Leticio Divinatus pre-contact and were wiped out by the WB on Lorgar's order... big electricity-shooting glass robots with a near-impervious shield around their capital.
How could they have a copy of the "Imperial Bible" pre-contact?

They sound like the enemies Argel Tal and Aquillon fight together in The First Heretic. I forgot whether they were "lost" humans or xenos though...

·
Registered
91 Posts
The Nihtgane from Gereon first appear in Gaunt's Ghosts: Traitor General. They do not follow the Imperial Creed and are considered partisans by the local Imperial forces. Of course, then Chaos moved in because living in the Sabbat Worlds is going to end badly for you.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Nihtgane from Gereon first appear in Gaunt's Ghosts: Traitor General. They do not follow the Imperial Creed and are considered partisans by the local Imperial forces. Of course, then Chaos moved in because living in the Sabbat Worlds is going to end badly for you.
Have you heard of the other two factions?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Sadly no, I have no clue where those are from.

·
Unhinged Hobo
2,341 Posts
Have you heard of the other two factions?
Sadly no, I have no clue where those are from.
Never heard of Muties or Diggas? Well then, gavver round young yoofs and prepare for a tale wot will bring tears to ya eyes.

Once upon a time there was a world by the name of Angelis which could be found in the ghost stars regon of the eastern fringe, just beyond the reaches of the Ultima Segmentum.

Angelis was a desert world suspected of being a tomb world for the necrons so a survey team was dispatched, whilst the excavators worked underneith the black pyramids of the planet their explorator ship kept orbit above. Little did they know that disaster was heading their way, big green disaster.

An ork space hulk appeared from the warp and crashed into the planet causing a massive nuclear explosion. Humans above ground were vapourised, those underground were buried for generations and developed into the tribal diggas. When they came back to the surface they began trading with the Orks who had survived the crash, effectively emulating the physically stronger adn more technically advanced (not a lot of tech lasts for several hundred years underground) greenskins.

Digga models

All was not well for the 'umies on the science vessel either. The sudden appearance of the space hulk as well as the ork natural instinct of "shoot at the fing even if we don't know wot's happenin'" mean that the crippled vessel crashed into the planet shortly after the appearance of the space hulk. The surface was heavily irradiated and the humans that survived the crash became mutated versions of themselves, living for centuries and riding the wastes as ork hunters.

Mutie models

Muties taking on an ork trukk

To this day; the orks, rebel grots, diggas and muties fight it out amongst themselves. Nowadays they tend to just call the planet Gorkamorka though.

·
Registered
638 Posts
You means locals of Istvaan? Was their culture described as quite distinct from mainstream Imperial culture?

How could they have a copy of the "Imperial Bible" pre-contact?

They sound like the enemies Argel Tal and Aquillon fight together in The First Heretic. I forgot whether they were "lost" humans or xenos though...
Sorry for the delay in responding.

The culture with the Leticio Divinatus, pre-contact, is from Tales of Heresy "Scions of the Storm" by Anthony Reynolds on world 4716. The Word Bearers are bringing them into compliance one month after Monarchia, so about 50-years pre-Heresy.

Isstvan, in Deliverance Lost, is described as having been conquered into compliance by the Raven Guard about 13 years before the Battle of Isstvan III.

One other pre-Contact Human civilization is the Byzanthis Committee of Nations in Tales of Heresy 'Call of the Lion' by Gav Thorpe. It's not a single civilization, but sounds almost like Terra circa 1950s militarized paranoia.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts