Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've got a problem with an online bits site and was hoping someone on here could suggest something
Basically I ordered some plasma cannons from modelbits.co.uk at the beginning of November and the parts still haven't arrived, I've emailed them about 10 times to see what the crack is but they haven't responded to any of them, I tried using the gov website to get the address that the company is registered at but it turns out they are not registered, I know I can complain to paypal and get my money back but i really don't care about the money I need the parts, was hoping that, as this is one of the biggest forums on the net, that someone on here may know the guy who runs the site or he may be on here, any help would be hugely appreciated

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Hey guys, I've got a problem with an online bits site and was hoping someone on here could suggest something
Basically I ordered some plasma cannons from modelbits.co.uk at the beginning of November and the parts still haven't arrived, I've emailed them about 10 times to see what the crack is but they haven't responded to any of them, I tried using the gov website to get the address that the company is registered at but it turns out they are not registered, I know I can complain to paypal and get my money back but i really don't care about the money I need the parts, was hoping that, as this is one of the biggest forums on the net, that someone on here may know the guy who runs the site or he may be on here, any help would be hugely appreciated
I hate to be the one to say this but its probably a waste of time trying to get a hold of the guy. Youre better of buying the bits from another bits dealer. @bitsandkits is based in the UK and can provide you with what you need and fast. Otherwise for us US users I usually Use Hoard o'Bits for my bit needs. dispute the transaction on Paypal and explain that you haven't received product. and get your money back from them. Their website says they are out of stock on Plasma cannons and they may just be waiting on a resupply. if you need the parts get them somewhere else and get your moeny back from them. Otherwise you could be waiting a while.

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
I've used http://www.bitzbox.co.uk/ previously and they have been very reliable.

As for you current predicament, I'm not sure there is much you can do. @Model_Bits_Matt appears to have been a member of Heresy and posted a few times, mainly to promote the bits site. It may be that he is no longer running modelbits since the embargo was brought in by GW regarding the selling of bits. He has not posted on his twitter account since 2012.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
do not buy from any bits websites all scams unless it from ebay covers their neglect!!!!!!
Not all bit sales are scams. Most of us have used Bit sellers at one time or another with no problems. the two mentioned above are good examples of this.

Additionally i Managed to get this off their website

http://www.modelbits.co.uk/info/Changes.html
"Changes to Model Bits

Since this is no longer my full time job I can't guarantee that orders will be processed on a daily basis. With a full time job as well it's not easy for me to drive the 45 minutes to get here and still have enough energy to do everything else. Keep reading though because it means you guys get some added benefits to offset this.

I've had numerous problems recently including my work PC ending its life in spectacular fashion, my website experiencing problems with loading the checkout page, problems with my work emails (get in touch if you have sent an enquiry which hasn't had a reply) and working a lot of hours at my other job and so I left it alone for a while. I took some time off to think about the best course of action as I was pulling 50+ hour weeks at my other job and barely had time to get here at all. I didn't want to shut the site down as it's something I built up from nothing to something which could almost sustain me financially for the near future and, honestly, you guys are really important to me because it's your orders that have kept me going.

As I'm no longer entirely financially reliant on the business to provide my whole income I've settled on the following course of action which I'll be trialling over the next month or two, after which I'll assess whether I can continue to provide free shipping:

Shipping to the UK is now FREE instead of the usual £1.50 charge.
Shipping to the EU and RoW has been reduced from £3.00 and £3.50 to £2.00 and £2.50 respectively.

I'll be moving to shipping roughly three days a week e.g. Monday, Wednesday and Friday instead of every day so whilst you might not get your orders quite as quickly it will mean that they are sent out more reliably. Try not to abuse the free shipping if you can help it. I'm not enforcing a minimum spend because most of my orders are large enough that it isn't a problem but please try and group your orders together so that you're spending at least £5 in order to make it possible to continue to offer free shipping. Orders for one purity seal will be met with grumbles and frowny faces but will be processed as normal ;)

My range will be getting streamlined in order to have the space to stock more of the things people want on a regular basis instead of trying to provide a catch all service where I stock everything I can. This may mean the removal of things like the Tyranid section entirely until it makes sense to stock them again. Presently they take up a lot of space and even when fully stocked don't really sell that well. The space will be better served by stocking newer ranges.

Enquiries will be handled differently to they are now. Unfortunately I don't have time to answer everything so priority will be given to those with questions about their orders or problems they are having using the site. Questions asking when something will be back in stock or whether I will be stocking a particular box may not be answered at all during periods when I'm busy as again, priority will be given to other enquiries and shipping orders as well as adding stock. I know it's a pain in the butt that you might not get an answer but the enquiries page will be set up so that most of these questions with similar answers will be handled before you even need to email me about it and this will give me more time to make the site better for you.

If you need to email me about anything please use the enquiry form or enquiries email address and try not to email the sales address directly as this receives a lot of spam and takes a long time to sift through.

I think that's about it for the changes for now. Thanks for reading through this; I've really enjoyed serving you guys for the past three and a half years and I hope to continue long into the future :)"

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
do not buy from any bits websites all scams unless it from ebay covers their neglect!!!!!!
How do you work this one out?

There are three - quite frankly - awesome bits stores that I make use of. One of whom is our very own @bitsandkits

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I'd just apply for your refund and try somewhere else if you really need the parts. There's a few good ebay sellers, or there is B&K.

I've used bits and kits many times and always got friendly & speedy service. Had 1 packing mistake but it was sorted and correct part at my house within 3 days. Would recommend him in a heartbeat.:victory:

(Do not let your donkey near him though.)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Swede marine, yes I saw that on the site but it really doesn't help, thanks for all the advice guys I've used bits and kits before with no complaints but last time I checked they don't have enough of the parts I require to put an order in

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers bits and kits, however I've literally just ordered the same products from you about 30 seconds ago lol. Just gonna get my money back off him through paypal I think but thanks a lot to every one on here for your help

·
8,723 Posts
here you go, send him a letter with your order details

Matt Reed trading as ModelBits,
143 Brasenose Avenue
Gorleston
Norfolk
NR31 7EE

Nice work, Bits! :so_happy:

·
8,723 Posts
I imagine so :)

·
Registered
411 Posts
THAT...... is how customer service is supposed to work :)

ALL HAIL B&K..... PRAISE THE GOD EMPERO.... wait, does any one have that deja vu feeling?!?!

Seriously tho, B&K has always served me well, but make sure you create an account or else you end up with multiple emails whenever he does a restock :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts