Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
You might look into an already extant Chapter- the Celestial Lions. http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Celestial_Lions.
The colours are gold and blue, but I can't see why you wouldn't be able to swap in white as the main colour; it sounds like a really nice scheme anyway. They are founded in M38, but of unknown Primogenitor.
If you want to go your own way (Fleetwood Mac, anyone?;)), then maybe you could call them the 'Predatum Astras', which in my piggest of pig Latin might mean the 'Star Predators'/'Star Hunters' or something of that ilk. Unless, of course, you want the name 'Lion' in the title, in which case you might go for 'Void Lions', or even , getting a bit more loose with connotations, the 'Rex Infinitas'/'Rex Krieger'/'Rex Mortis'; this would be getting at the Lion being the so-called 'King of the Jungle, so the Chapter might be the 'Kings of Infinity'/'Kings of War'/'Kings of Death' or somesuch.
I'll leave my wall of text at that and you can say which direction you want to go in. Hope I've been of some help!

GFP

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
You ask what would best suit, close combat/shooty etc. I think, if you want us to be able to help more, that you have to decide this for yourself. The Assault Cannons and Land Raider aren't really enough; you want to use the Huron model, but will you use Huron's rules or just use him as a generic character from one of the SM Codicies? That desicion will also help to shape what the Chapter's 'speciality' is. Then of course there is the desicion about wether they are Codex/non-Codex or somewhere in between. These are the desicions that put your stamp firmly upon the idea- I feel that us making such important, defining desicions for you would take away from your 'ownership' of the idea.
If you fill in some of the blanks I've mentioned, then it should be a lot easier to help!

GFP

1 - 2 of 2 Posts