Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am dumb when it comes to SM, but love the IF, I want to make a fluffy list while still not making any counter intuitive lists. I imagine my force being a heavily armored force, slow moving but well defended. I also want it to be roughly 1850 pts and include Lysander, a favorite character of mine. So far I have

HQ

Lysader

Troops

Tactical squad - sarge with a PF and melta

Tactical squad - sarge with a PF and grav

I like the idea of keeping my troop units small, around 5 strong but in razorbacks. Also, how viable are centurians? Obviously Im SM illiterate and an humbly asking for help.

Thanks! Also, i have Deathwing allies waiting in the wings, possibly they can bulk up my forces.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Lysander wants TH/SS terminators, and they need a delivery system: a Stormraven or a Land Raider Redeemer/Crusader. The two tacs are strong, I play them 10 man and in Rhinos instead of 5 man in Razorbacks. Prefer to keep my squads as durable against massed small arms fire as I can. If you want to do RBs, I suggest combat squadding 10 man squads and leaving the 4 bolters and heavy weapon back field to take care of business. Another reason I play 10 man squads in Rhinos is because I use Devastator squads back field to capitalize on the Tank Hunter providing chapter tactic. Once you get Lysander w/squad + transport, two tacs in transports, and a devastator squad or two you'll be well on your way!

I like twin Vindcators in support of my Rhinos.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the advice! I figured I could use the TH/SS termies with Lysander, as that makes the most sense with his loadout, and the land raider is definitely on the list. Perhaps I'll use Rhinos as well, as I've invested in a Centurion lascannon squad. So far:

HQ:

Captain Lysander

Elites:

Terminator Assault Squad x5 - TS/SS x4
-Land Raider Crusader

Troops:

Tac Squad x10 - MG, ML, PF on the champ
-Rhino

-Rhino

Heavy Support:

Centurion Devastator Squad x3 - Lax x2, Grav, Omniscope

Vindicator

Vindicator

That puts me somewhere around 1680 points. Aiming for 1850 pts.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mistype! Her'es a re-edit

HQ:

Captain Lysander

Elites:

Terminator Assault Squad x5 - TS/SS x5
-Land Raider Crusader

Troops:

-Rhino

-Rhino

Heavy Support:

Devestator Squad x5 - x4 ML, Champ with a PF

This puts me mid 1600s. It is looking exactly like my Death Guard list, haha. Any ideas for the last 200ish pts?

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Another Tactical squad. I'd also drop all the PFs for a sniper scout squad with camo cloaks but it's all good. Another little switch I would make is dropping the MLs in the Tactical squads and the PF in the Devastator squad and upgrade them to Flakk missiles. Those dudes firing at fliers will cause some havoc, for sure. Plus, you know...you have no air defense. If I were to give you a re-write,

HQ:

Captain Lysander

Elites:

Terminator Assault Squad x5 - TS/SS x5
-Land Raider Crusader

Troops:

Tac Squad x10 - MG
-Rhino

Tac Squad x10 - MG
-Rhino

Tac Squad x10 - MG
-Rhino

Scout squad - snipers, cloaks

Heavy Support:

Devestator Squad x5 - x4 FML
How do you feel about that?

EDIT: now that I did the necessary maths that's 1750 bang on. I would either A: add an ADL w/ QG for the Devastators or B: drop the scouts and use the 170 for another tank and upgrades throughout the squads.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That looks pretty sound indeed, thanks!

I'll play around with the last clump of points, an ADL sounds good to me as its fluffy too

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll give it a look when Im back home, on tapatalk now and it has no signatures showing, i didn't even know you had a link to an IF plog!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts