Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I played my first small game with my new Eldar army and Ill just say it didnt go to well, I fully believe its cause, 1.) First game and I come from playing nids 2.) I was againt Tau and I have only one walker as a heavy. I feel at 950pt Tau Can hurt you alot more then you can.
So what I hope to do with this topic is start a converation with what in my current army I should use and how.
Ill List what i have
HQ:
1 Autarch
1 Eldrad
2 Farseer
1 Asurmen
4 Warlocks
1 Spirit seer

Troops:
20 Guardians- 1 Weapon platform
10 Dire Avengers
5 Rangers

Elites:
10 Fire Dragons
10 Striking scorpions
5 Wraithguard

Fast:
6 Swooping Hawks
3 Shining Spears
10 Warp Spiders

Heavy:
1 Wraith lord
3 Wave Serpent
1 Fire prism (might proxy as a wave serpent)
2 War Walkers

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
So far this is the List I came up with
HQ:
1 Farseer, Witch blade and powers from Divination 100pts
2 warlocks with Force, One in Guardian squad, the other with the Wraith Guard. 70pts

Troops:
10 Dire Avengers
10 Guardians
10 guardians with Bright Lance

Elites:
5 Fire Dragons Waveserpent, TL Shuriken, Holo Fields. 240pts
10 Striking Scorpions (using to outflank) 170pts
5 Wraithguard with Warlock with Wavesperpent 295 pts

Fast:
10 Spiders ( not sure if should have one group or 2 of 5?) 190pts

Heavy:
Fire Prisim with Shuriken Cannon and Holo Fields 150pts
2 War Walkers both have scatter laser and Bright Lance each with holo fields 170pts
Wraith lord, Ghostglaive, Bright Lance, scatter laser and two flamers 165pts
Total army cost 2000
So how does that look for know, Im kinda worries about my Scorpions getting shot up from the flank as they arrive. Im making this list for mainly a Tau player who is a friend of mine and all he ever does is sit on the back corner of the table and blast me. This was Ill have Scorpions to assault him early on, maybe kill some warriors or pathfinders or tie up his riptide. Then have my spiders come in and kill a tank or a squad.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay changed it up a little, this is my new 2000pt list, feel good about it.

HQ:
Autarch, Scorpion Chainsword- 73pts
Farseer with Witch Blade-100pts

Elites:
5 Fire Dragons, WaveSerpent, Twin Shurikan Cannons, Holo fields- 240pts
10 Striking Scorpions, WaveSerpent Twin Bright Lances-290pts
5 WraithGuard, WaveSerpent Twin Bright Lances, Holo Fields- 295pts

Troops:
10 Drive Avengers-130 pts
10 Guardians, Brightlace-110pts
10 Guardians 90pts

Fast:
6 Swooping Hawks-96 pts
5 Warp spiders, Exarch- 105pts
5 Warp spiders- 95pts

Heavy:
3 War Walkers All have Scatter Laser and Bright Lances
Wraith Lord, Ghostglave, 2 Flamers, 1 scatter laser, 1 Bright lance.

This brings me to 1999pts. I quite like it. Ill have my Autarch with the scorpions. The Farseer im unsure where to place, maybe with the wraith guard. My game plan is to start with every thing on the board besides spiders and swooping hawks, Going to get in the other players face fast as possible and unleash high strength shots at him. This list is made for a Tau friend of mine, Goal is to take out his dam riptide and Hammerhead early in the battle. Thinking troops will hold any objectives on my side, if he wants to waist shots on them, go ahead. Have my Scorpions hit him from the side, hopefully swarm his riptide and kill it, or at least tie it up. Swooping hawks come in middle oh his army, drop the pie plate on his Battle suits of some warriors, shoot then run off again, then have spiders drop close as possible to his warlord or other vehicle and pop it.
Any ideas or suggestions? will be my first game over 950 pts with eldar. Think I created a decent list

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Hello and hold on to your hat. I have looked at what you have and come up with this slightly crazy aproach. Feel free to ignore it as folly but I think Tau could struggle with it.

HQ
Farseer with witchblade. Goes with Wraithguard.
Autarch with mandiblasters and chainsword. Goes with Scorpions.

Elite
10 scorpions. Waveserpent with TL Bright lances, Holo-field, vectored engines, target Matrix.
5 wraithguards. Waveserpent, same as above.

Troops
7 DA. Wave serpent with tl shuriCannon. Holo-fields.
10 guardians with EML
10 Guardians
5 rangers

Fast
6 swooping hawks
5 spiders with exarch
5 spiders

Heavy
Prism with holo-fields
3 warwalker as you had.

2000 points sharp!

Now here is where it gets crazy with capital CRAZ.
Deployment) hide everything! Keep fast in reserv.
Turn1) still hide everything. Take some shots with everything that can but still battle-focus back out of sight.
Turn2) if reserves come in. Have spiders DS behind hammerhead to fire at its rear. And flat out Lance-Serpents across the board. Fire a weapon of your choosing. Everything else moves aggressivly forward. If reservs fail repeat turn one.
Turn3) the two WS that moved across the board may be wrecked bit hopefully their cargo is quite intact and has emergancy disembarked and are ready to shoot and assult. You should have a farseer that have all the enemies army within range for maledictions. The rest of your army should also be up close and personal by now. To many targets to choose for your opponent and his Tau crumble in CC and to Eldar trickery!

Now this is a longshot and one hell of a gamble but I think it could work. And ofcourse, I don't know what else he got. Since he is Tau. Save your points and take away the Holo-Fields. Instead beef up the DA and the spider exarch.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello and hold on to your hat. I have looked at what you have and come up with this slightly crazy aproach. Feel free to ignore it as folly but I think Tau could struggle with it.

HQ
Farseer with witchblade. Goes with Wraithguard.
Autarch with mandiblasters and chainsword. Goes with Scorpions.

Elite
10 scorpions. Waveserpent with TL Bright lances, Holo-field, vectored engines, target Matrix.
5 wraithguards. Waveserpent, same as above.

Troops
7 DA. Wave serpent with tl shuriCannon. Holo-fields.
10 guardians with EML
10 Guardians
5 rangers

Fast
6 swooping hawks
5 spiders with exarch
5 spiders

Heavy
Prism with holo-fields
3 warwalker as you had.

2000 points sharp!

Now here is where it gets crazy with capital CRAZ.
Deployment) hide everything! Keep fast in reserv.
Turn1) still hide everything. Take some shots with everything that can but still battle-focus back out of sight.
Turn2) if reserves come in. Have spiders DS behind hammerhead to fire at its rear. And flat out Lance-Serpents across the board. Fire a weapon of your choosing. Everything else moves aggressivly forward. If reservs fail repeat turn one.
Turn3) the two WS that moved across the board may be wrecked bit hopefully their cargo is quite intact and has emergancy disembarked and are ready to shoot and assult. You should have a farseer that have all the enemies army within range for maledictions. The rest of your army should also be up close and personal by now. To many targets to choose for your opponent and his Tau crumble in CC and to Eldar trickery!

Now this is a longshot and one hell of a gamble but I think it could work. And ofcourse, I don't know what else he got. Since he is Tau. Save your points and take away the Holo-Fields. Instead beef up the DA and the spider exarch.
I actually like this approach, seems like it would really be annoying if this worked out lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts