Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im toying with the idea of starting up a Space Wolves force, and need help on how to deploy my Bloodclaws.
I will be running 2 packs of 9 Bloodclaws with Wolf Priests. I can't figure out if i should use Drop Pods or Rhinos to deploy them.

Drop pods would get them to the enemy instantly, but they would have to endure a turn of shooting before they could assault.

Rhinos would be safer, but could be immobilised/destroyed before the Claws reach their targets, forcing them to walk.

I'm leaning towards Drop Pods, but would that be too risky?

Thanks in advance for the help. :victory:

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
What I do is take em in rhinos and if I get first turn move 12" and pop smoke, then do so again the next turn if they live so they are practically in the enemy army. they will do something to the rhino but it's done it's job already

Also for note I do this with a GH as I run 13th coy so I can't run Blood Claws so take that to note when considering this. It has worked for me so far

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Your probably going to get atleast 12" towards them with a rhino, which is pretty much its job done.
A drop Pod, as you say, suffers from one free shooting round which, depending on your opponent, they are not likely to fair well in, if they become the target.
As HippyPancake says: pop smoke as well, just to be on the safe side.
Rhino is your best bet in my opinion.

SGMAlice

1 - 4 of 4 Posts