Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.
I've ventured into the realm of Chaos with the hope of findiing an army I will find very fun to play.

After many minutes of looking at the Codex two thoughts popped into my mind.

Up to 20 man squads...
...and...
...Khorne Berzerkers.

Here goes nothing

HQ
Huron: 170 (I'm sorry, but he stays no matter what, I love the background and the model.)

From now on the rest of the army can be changed. But I do love 20 man squads. Makes my mouth water.
Troops
20 Khorne Berzerkers
Skull Champ
Power Weapon
Meltabombs: 455

15 Khorne Berzerkers
Skull Champ
Power Weapon
Meltabombs: 350

Total: 975
What to do with the other 25 points?

All advice welcome, and by all means, destroy the list, I own none of the models. But I'm really liking Huron, so I'll take alot of budging with him.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
The big blob of 20 'Zerkers may look good.. But tactically ineffective for a few reasons;

People fear Berserkers (and rightly they should), Because they just amass such a hue amount of attacks together, that they do general kill what they're charging, but not always in YOUR turn.

The best way to use Combat to your advantage is to Charge something, and weaken it. Then on your opponents turn, you continue the combat - And win it. Thus you don't lose any turns with the 'Zerkers.
8 Khorne Berserkers is the right amount to do this, 20 will just annihilate everything.. with 80; S5 attacks.. You WILL win. whereas 8 'Zerkers will charge with 24 S5 attacks, meaning you'll kill half, maybe more.. Then kill the other half in the next turn.

The other reason is Transportation ... Now i don't know what size board you play on, But generally I use 6x4 foot, and If you don't have a Rhino, People just shoot the 'Zerkers before they get to combat :)(), So having rhino's really does make a difference.

Hope this helps. :)

If you like 'Zerkers, check out my Khorne Compendium - Link in Sig

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
ya i find that CSM squads of any size should NEVER go over 10 models, the exception MAY be Tsons - since they have a 4++

personally i like Noise Marines better than Zerkers, they are more expensive though & require conversions. so i can see the ease of Zerkers.

just remember if your gonna get in fire fight (24" or less) NMs will kill everything their size (so 10 NM squads destroy Tact squads)

or if you want a CC oriented NM squad 6-7 (note to give ALL models a sonic blaster) is the best get a champ with a Doom Siren, PW/F; siren the squad S5 AP3 bye bye 4-6 marines

i love NMs if you havent noticed,

·
Registered
496 Posts
Hey guys.
I've ventured into the realm of Chaos with the hope of findiing an army I will find very fun to play.

After many minutes of looking at the Codex two thoughts popped into my mind.

Up to 20 man squads...
...and...
...Khorne Berzerkers.

Here goes nothing

HQ
Huron: 170 (I'm sorry, but he stays no matter what, I love the background and the model.)

From now on the rest of the army can be changed. But I do love 20 man squads. Makes my mouth water.
Troops
20 Khorne Berzerkers
Skull Champ
Power Weapon
Meltabombs: 455

15 Khorne Berzerkers
Skull Champ
Power Weapon
Meltabombs: 350

Total: 975
What to do with the other 25 points?

All advice welcome, and by all means, destroy the list, I own none of the models. But I'm really liking Huron, so I'll take alot of budging with him.
okkk :D

good job on your army o.o

i would ditch the Power weapons in both squads and add powerfists instead :D

·
Halloween Town
477 Posts
Check out ROT's compendium, use it as a springboard for ideas!
Fluff wise not sure how huron rolls with so many bezerkers but thats another matter!
You could also do with some special or heavy support!
And rhinos are seriously needed for your zerker squads
How about

Huron - 170
8 zerkers SC PF rhinoe EA - 258
10 Marines (red corsairs of course) AC PF 2xMG IofCG rhino - 255
4 Bikes (Hounds of Huron) 2xMG - 152
2 Oblits - 150
=985
15 points left, either stick EA on the Nilla rhino or a havoc launcher or stick an AC on the bike squad!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I may re-think it a little, after reading the fluff, I have decided to not include too many cult troops or god icons.

Huron: 170

10 Marines
Champ
PF
2x Meltagun
IOCG
Rhino:255

8 Berzerkers
Skull Champ
Powerfist
Rhino: 243

4 Thousand Sons
Aspiring Sorcerer
Bolt of Change
Meltabombs: 182

5 Chosen
5 Meltaguns
Chaos Glory: 150

Total: 1000

How is it?

·
Registered
320 Posts
the second list is way better. personally I would drop the thousand sons considering they are such a small squad. With the points you can get a unit of 3 termies with 3 combi meltas and chain fist.. with the last of the points you can give the chosen a rhino. outflanking chosen are always nice.plus if they end up on the wrong side they have a way to get back into the fight

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
id change the chosen for 2 obilts, since you lack long range anti tank

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
I dunno Fallen... If you play the chosen well, you can get more out of it... 5 meltaguns blow tanks up, almost 100% of the time, statistically. Oblits are reliable, but if you can play them well, Chosen do a better anti-tank job..

So OP's call really, if he's up to using chosen well, keep them, otherwise Try Oblits as Fallen said.

And i agree, lose the TSons, Not enough from them, for the 180 points. Try and find something to back your list up :)

Maybe drop the CSM to a 9, and run Huron with those in a Rhino.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
ya ROT i agree OPs decision, i just run at least 1 vindi in all my games, so i like having something makes people go OMFG - DIE DIE DIE...all the while i just drive around with my NMs & shoot him to death, or i pie plate his a$$:laugh:

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Neh! :p Greater Daemons are much better bullet-Magnets than vindicators! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts