Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been pondering the idea of putting together a Heresy era World Eaters army, and to add character to the army I wanted to have them all helmetless so that each individual Marine was unique. However
I remember seeing a thread a while ago on another wargaming forum with people airing there dislike for helmetless marines, due to the fact the helmet is such a vital piece of the astartes armour. And especially with these being World Eaters and close combat being there speciality, would it seem stupid to have a force completely without them ?

JM.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
It is your army make it any way you want. Maybe they are such bad asses they don't need no stinking helmets to kill people. For me I hate painting faces and the eyes especially look bad so I do the helmets because I suck at painting helmets.

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
They're World Eaters. They don't care if a Land Raider decided to make a wheelie in their forehead.

If you want to make a helmet-less army, they are definitely the army to do it for. Seeing as a lot of captains are helmet-less and vital characters can be found without helmets, I see no reason not to do this.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Certain legions suit bare heads, those like the World Eaters, Space Wolves and perhaps the White Scars due to their more "savage" nature. Others like the Imperial Fists and Ultramarines lend themselves more to always wearing helms due to their strict philosophy of warfare set by their Primarch.

·
Powered by Squig Tea
7,589 Posts
It's your army, you have to love it to paint all those minis so really do what you want to do.

One thing I will say is be ready to have to explain your choice sometimes people will ask, although bareheaded SMs isn't that outrageous so shouldn't be that much of an issue.

Not like a chap I knew that decided his greenskins should actually be brown.......

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
It's your army, you have to love it to paint all those minis so really do what you want to do.

One thing I will say is be ready to have to explain your choice sometimes people will ask, although bareheaded SMs isn't that outrageous so shouldn't be that much of an issue.

Not like a chap I knew that decided his greenskins should actually be brown.......
Orcs are brown in Warcraft originally ;)

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
go forit...im doing a commission job now were the client wants all heads bare and camouflaged and only the FNGs have helmets and clean armour.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
World Eaters are the same legion you see without armour on their fucking arms. I think they are beyond giving two shits what makes tactical sense. They're far more into pulling your spine out of your arse and the strangling you with it!

·
Registered
79 Posts
World Eaters are the same legion you see without armour on their fucking arms. I think they are beyond giving two shits what makes tactical sense. They're far more into pulling your spine out of your arse and the strangling you with it!

And they don't believe in snipers and shrapnel is against their religion.

Someone looses a bare arm or gets a hole in his bare head; the answer is the same as a sale at the ketchup emporium; CHARGE!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts