Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I know that 9/10 people don't like to talk about Dawn of War Soulstorm but i have been attempting to create a specific item for a long time but have never really found the right combination of parts. I am speaking of the Helm of Alpharius which is a Wargear upgrade available to the Chaos Lord in SS's campaign mode.

I swear it i cannot find a closer image for some reason. If anyone still has the game they could easily pop into campaign as chaos and check the Wargear list. Point is that i want to make that helmet but i need advice and assistance. I need an idea of a good "base" helmet to start with as well as any way i could get a clean result with minimum greenstuff. I did see a guy make a tiny serpent "mohawk" using a bit from Dark Elves (WHF) so maybe those might work or perhaps they are too big?

For those who cannot see up close the helmet has 3 tiny hydra heads sticking off the top while the general helm-shape is...like a sleek version of Arghast the Pillager's helm mixed with your average MK VII helmet i guess.

Help would be much appreciated, especially since i have been trying to build my AL Champion for a few years now and it always goes horribly wrong, twould be nice to finally make one of the parts work out

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I have no idea how to make it but, the following picture comes from the Forge World book Horus Heresy: Extermination and is of Alpharius. Hopefully it'll help inspire you/help you look for a good base helmet

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have no idea how to make it but, the following picture comes from the Forge World book Horus Heresy: Extermination and is of Alpharius. Hopefully it'll help inspire you/help you look for a good base helmet
I have seen that image and it is beautiful but i feel it is way out of my league. The one from DoW is much...simpler and not all that ornate so i feel i would have better luck

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
For the head a good base might be a noise marine head like this one Noise Marine head

and then add the snake heads from the Lizardmen
Jungle Swarm

a little green stuff to smooth everthing out and it might work??

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 - 7 of 7 Posts