Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, thanks for checking this out, recently I got the painting bug again, so i looked to my old and sadly neglected Bretonnians, as a nice break from painting grey.

I'm going for a classic fudal sort of look, with every knight with unique heraldy, although I am sticking to a limited colour palatte, this is to keep the army looking unified

thanks for taking the time to check this out, i hope to be getting more pics up soon

Thanks and enjoy

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Colours look cool pal but you need to get the macre on your camera sorted.

There should be a button on it somewhere with a little flower on it. If you use that you should get a much clearer close up shot.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Looking good, I gave up on painting my brets... (same models as yours) because they were too samey, but yours look great, agree with the fact you need better pictures... Try the macro setting, and put your models on a piece of white paper than bends (not folded) up on a 90* angle.

If you check my log, you will see how they turn out.... It lets your camera focus on the details without the background interfering.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Minis look good, here's a few tips for better pics :p

Use multiple light sources. Your lighting looks good, but you may need a harder surface to work on (looks like your on a comforter?) A good trick I've learned is to use a sheet, and drape it on a chair or something.

If you have a tripod, use it. The extra stability adds a lot of clarity to the pictures.

Use the macro! :p If your camera is equipped with a macro function, it'll be a little button or something that looks like a flower. It's used to take photos of things very close up! Experiment with it on flowers and stuff, you'll be amazed what kind of pics you can get.

Cheers man!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts