Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you for welcoming me. I found you all because I know Galahad personally and he will not shut up about heresy so I figured I'd at least stop in. I'm not good with forums, the last one I joined was the Crusader forum (video-game, I do not support invading Istanbul) where I posted twice and forgot about it. Before that it was Nifty where I posted a record setting three times before forgetting about it (again Galahad would not stop talking until I signed up).

I live in Washington (the pussy-liberal side, not the asshole-conservative side) though I am originally from Illinois (NO! You do not pronounce the at the end) and hope to some day go back there, probibily when all my relatives are dead or at least less partisan as to snub non-conservative memebers of the family. If that fails anywhere away from a city would be nice, I have a greater affinity with trees then I do concrete (and ALL cities smell).

I earned the nickname Troll because I live in a basement under the stairs, hate bright light (except may and october sunlight) heal better then most (mostly because its easier to treat an injury you cause yourself by being clumsy) and have a tendancy to solve problems with a heavy object of some sort. The Imperial is in reference to the first army I collected (and dismantled, rebuilt, re-structured, re-dismantled and then re-rebuilt) the Imperial Guard. I have a copy of the Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer in my longcoat at all times, next to a pocket-constitution and (for some reason) a roll of yellow electrical-tape.

My High School memories all suck, I was ostricised at a special contract-school for gifted students, which I must tell you takes work. I remember mostly just setting with my small group of friends talking and pretending like we were discussing the current reading assignment. I pass most classes without possessing the text books so I didn't care, my friends all dropped out but oh well. I went into Running Start to get away from vein douche bags and ironically ended up dealing with vein, elitist douche bags that you find at a 2-year pretending that they actually belong in a university but are here for their own reasons.

I have been gaming since I was five. My father used D&D (first edition, second ed. was a sin to him) to teach my brother and I math, reading, and problem solving skills. I got into wargaming when I was Eight with Battletech and then I studied (but didn't play) Warhammer 40,000 when I was Twelve. My first actual game if 40k was only about five years ago, and I don't get many oppertunities to play at current since my off time is being consumed by drinking and later by college (and more drinking)

My first memory during a battle of 40k was eliminating a Marine Land-speeder with my last remaining bolter-clad Chaos Marine in a Combat Patrol game shortly before feeding a squad of daemons to three VERY lucky scouts.

I have come to like Chaos over Imperial because its nice to have an armor save, also Imperials don't have surly demon-infested crab-tanks. My first love was actually with Eldar, I thought space elves were kinda nifty in second edition but found that they have limited effectiveness against certain armies (and painting thorns is a bitch).

I was going to include a picture, but the only one I have is of me (5'11" 310lb.) standing next to my mother (5' [maybe] 110lb) at her promotion party (she is a Major in the Army Reserve) and even with combat boots adding another inch or so she still makes me look like an Ogryn.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Congrats on winning the 'Most original and entertaining opening post' award! Welcome aboard, and give Gal a kick in the shin for me!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats on winning the 'Most original and entertaining opening post' award! Welcome aboard, and give Gal a kick in the shin for me!
*salutes* Will do, I shall shatter his shins in the name of the Glorious God-Emperor!

I am always at odds when I have to say something about myself because I seldom know what is trivial and what is vital so often I end up telling my name, nickname, and one or two random pieces of information, but got carried away this time.

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Welcome aboard, Bro.

And yeah, he's like this in real life too...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts