Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
- How did you find us.
In my search for information about Warhammer 40k i found this forum to be very active and up to date with alot of resources I could use to "get on my feet" in a way.
- Your location.
I live north of Seattle, Washington. I was sort of wondering if theres anyone in my area on these forums because it seems like the majority of you guys are East Coast or over in Great Britain.
- High School memories.
I'm 18, senior at Mariner High School, so ya, makin some memories right now.
- Why did you choose that handle (name).
Couldn't think of anything witty so I used my initials.
- How long have you been playing Games Workshop Systems and Wargames in general
Played Fantasy 5 years ago during 6th (i think?) edition. I was young, only really played with my dad and uncle. But always had my eyes on those futuristic space marines.
- Best memory during a battle.
Well, having the rep of being able to beat family members was always great. Hoping to get into some WH40k skirmishes soon.
- Favourite army.
Space Marine Dark Angels are what I am really into. Love em. I also like the tyranids if only for their tactics of flooding over the enemy. My friend has tau which are always fun to see because he is a great painter (he's rather newb at the game but he does some awesome free-hand designs on his tanks).
- Regular gaming buddies also on the forums.
Well, none.
- Basically anything of interest to give us a better understanding of who you are and what you’re about.
Basically just getting into 40k. Love everything about. I find modelling and painting engrossing and is obviously more productive than watching TV. At the moment really want to get my guys painted and seeing some action at the local GW, which is about 30 min from home.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Hey rgw, good to have you on board. What army were you using in Warhammer?

The Dark Angels are cool, have you read Descent Of Angels?, that gives quite a few insights into the beginings of the Angels. It doesn't really fit in with the rest of the seris but as a standalone book it is quite interesting.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I played the Empire. And no I haven't read that book. But I'll definitely try to pick it up since the background for the Dark Angels is one of the best things about them.

And of course thank you for the welcome.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Good to see you rgw. Enjoy the forums! If you need any help with armies, the forums, or maybe how to beat your friends Tau if he gets better, I collect Tau so I know their strenghts and weaknesses PM me, I'm no mod, but I will be glad to help :biggrin:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts