Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I'm on the verge of getting back into 40k after a 7 year absence. Though I've never been too far away thanks to DoW game and the Horus Heresy books, good stuff both of them...

Bought the new(est) rulebook and Eldar Codex recently and am about to start building a new Eldar army. Although sadly the guys (and gal) I recently met who are getting me back into it all either have SM or Chaos armies (whic is a bit annoying), so I'm finding myself focusing on an army to combat them rather than my preferences. Desperately trying to learn and adapt to the new rules (and units) by reading the books and watching their games, so any helpful hints would be wonderful! Especially in regards to Eldar. Thats how I stumbled upon this site in the first place...

On a more personal note, I'm currently doing a masters in English literature and I also do some freelance writing. I've also got into a habit of writing short stories based on my friends games, which is good fun. You should try it can add a lot of character to your armies!

Ciao!

p.s. sorry about the length, think it comes from being a lit student. Sorry if I bored anyone...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Welcome! If you would like to post some of your stuff for others to read we have a section for short stories and such and I am sure some of the people who write would love your opinion on their stories. Welcome to the board, we are very glad to have you here. Where are you from and what did you play before. Seven years ago, that means you left right after 2nd Ed or the beginning of 3rd Ed. I am going to guess you were a 2nd Ed player because you comments on the number of rules changes (3rd and 4th are very simular to one another, as 5th will be as well).

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
wlecome to heresy, good to see a ex-gamer coming back

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello from the rock.

I am new to chat forums, but old to 40k. I play the Dark Angels Mostly. I have three companies of them (Deathwing, Ravenwing, and a hundred green guys i call the third.). I have been playing since the second eddition. Although I have been limited to my exspoure to the online expierience, I am hoping to catch up. this site looks incredible and is full of tempting threads.
Thanks for having me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, people actually get welcomed here!

Yeah I think it was just before 3rd edition I stopped. I'm pretty sure units still had individual movement stats and the Dark Eldar were yet to be released... Started playing Necromunda instead, which I hear is sadly deceased. Does anyone know why? Speaking of deceased I was horrified to read in the Eldar codex that Eldrad's dead! Shocking!

Doesn't seem to be many Eldar players on here. Shame I could do with some advice battling the Mon-keigh...

Thanks for your greetings!

·
Registered
438 Posts
hello from another newbie

hey ho! I'm in a simialr situation. Been out of the hobby for a couple of years. Building a khornate army at the mo! Glad I'm back, but I'm having to adjust my play a little!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts