Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Every one I have been looking around on this sit for a little while and thought it was time to introduce myself. My name is Kris and started this hobby.........well longer than i wish to remember ago :grin: I remember my first set of miniatures it was a box of metal terminators which with all honesty I completely ruined thick apoxy glue 3-4 mm thick between the arms and body's and thick enamel paint covering all the detail on them. over the few years that this hobby continued a lot of model came and went big warhammer ork army's eldar, space marines and games like dark sun, space hulk, 40k, gorka morka, necromunda, to name but a few never learning to play the games but painting the models that came with them. Then for a good number of years it was on and off (more off). But now my eldest son has got in to it and well here we go again :laugh:

the first army we started was for him and it is chaos marines between us we have painted a good amount of them (not to any sort of standard). So recently i started a Tyranid army and the went and got 40k Deathstorm to learn how to play (i get beat every time but enjoy it). Now i have started on a blood angel force of which i do enjoy painting.

I love to see how others paint with different styles and color schemes and hope to add some basic painting guides to help others in the future. i will try to upload my army's in the next few days and hope to speak to you all soon.

Cheers

Kris

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Welcome certainly sounds like your a good addition to the rabble on heresy, if your into other examples of the painted models certainly mosey along to the modeling and painting sections or if you like little sketches the art tab alway holds aome hidden talents.

But welcome. Enjoy your stay.

Also just got the name, also a chris but doesn't work as nicely sirhc.

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
Looking good! And welcome aboard.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no my son is only 9 and I always lose :laugh:

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Good to see another Blood Angel play come out of the woodworks! Fine job on those models, I especially like the NMM on the Sanguinary Guard. Are you planning on getting a second Stormtalon and a Stormraven so you can run a Stormwing Formation painted red or are you a bit more casual in the gaming experience in playing what you want? I've been....a little sad that BA didn't get the 'talon as a FA choice in the current Codex.

If you ever want a bit of help getting some wins under your belt feel free to post up the lists you're using (and even facing) in our handy Space Marine army list section and we'll be glad to offer whatever advice we can :drinks:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
think i will add at least another stormtalon but need to get all the others painted and a tactical squad or 2 finding there is not enough guns in this force for the amount of points. That being said still new to the game play and still learning the rules.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Welcome aboard! :good:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts