Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody, I'm Matt, I'm a casual 40k player (CSM) and I'm starting to look at Warhammer Fantasy as well. I especially like the lore and the hobby aspects of the games, which lead me to this site (I was looking up color schemes). Hopefully I can join in some good discussions here and maybe become a better player! See ya around!

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Welcome to the heresy. How long have you been playing?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe about a year now off and on, like I said I play casually, so it's mostly among friends. There's an independent stockist not far from my house that sees decent tournament play, which I may get into eventually, however I'm content where I am right now.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Welcome.

Whenever I see a Chaos player I just want to pat them on the back and tell them everything will be ok. Eventually you'll get a Codex that's flavorful, fun and fluffy again.

Fantasy is fun, but there's a new edition about a month out so I'd hold off until then so you can learn the game along with everybody else.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh yes, I've already grown tired of my Chaos, I've tried Eldar as well and I found them much more enjoyable, though I don't foresee purchasing them any time in the near future.

As for Fantasy, I appreciate the heads up, I'll hold off on any major purchases for a while. At any rate I can acquire a few models and at least get a basic idea of what I'm gonna be doing.

·
Registered
648 Posts
What you can expect from Fantasy is that having good sized blocks of Core infantry is generally going to be a good idea. Rumors are all over the place, but a solid Core is going to be a good pick for just about any army. Optimal choices for equipment and any other sections are still up in the air though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts