Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good afternoon Emperor's chosen, greenskins, decadent space elves, Hive lords, and fellow slaves of heresy.

I just got into 40k myself, about 5-6 months ago. After going through the rulebook, I finally decided recently to start out with a Tyranid army (after losing interest in Tau, I suppose that's a good thing :p). I've bought the codex, and am now waiting on other supplies like dice, paints, paintbrushes, etc before I start purchasing my first units.

Eventually though, my plan is to create my own custom Slaaneshi CSM army - once I'm more skilled at painting, conversions, etc so I can really go all-out on the details!

It'll be awhile though, between tuition for college, class and work hours, and such (I actually bought myself a motorcycle to cut costs, which helped with getting my paints and brushes so soon! $10 for a full tank of gas at 60mpg brings tears to my eyes). But come summer time, I'm upping my hours and making sure I can have a 1000-1500 point Tyranid army all base-coated and ready for my brush!

So here's to you, heretics. I look forward to smearing you into paste and feeding you to the Warp soon...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
What colours are you going for with the Nids?
Well, I definitely like the Hawk Turquoise / Fortress Gray feathering on the carapaces of Hive Fleet Behemoth 'Nids, so I'm planning on keeping that technique while switching out for different colors.

What I'm thinking of right now is keeping the carapaces Chaos Black, while switching out the Hawk Turquoise / Fortress Gray feathering with Sunburst Yellow and another color (have to experiment first to find out which color highlights the Sunburst the best).

The main bodies I'll have to change from the Scab Red, since I think it'll look awkward with the new Sunburst Yellow feathering (plus I want to change it anyway to make it more unique from the normal Fleets). I haven't decided what color to make the bodies, though. I could just go with a shade of Black, but having most of the model Black with the Sunburst feather seems a bit dull to me (unless I add streaks of Sunburst or something).

Regal Blue is right up there though - the image in my mind of Regal Blue bodies and Chaos Black carapaces with Sunburst feathering looks pretty awesome to me.

I'll have to get my paints and see how everything looks on base-coated plastic as opposed to internet images before making a final decision, though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts