Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No I am not a Hobbit, just an annoying Kiwi (however my wife does say I emanate smells like something out of Mordor on occasion). Greetings Heresy family!

I am an old man who only recently decided to get back into Warhammer (40K and Fantasy) in the last few years. I used to have an Eldar army painted by someone else in 4th Edition but even then I played probably a total of eight games.

However now I am older, definitely not wiser and keen to give the hobby a go a second time round.

I never thought I could paint or had the patience for it. The one figure I tried to paint 25 years ago looked like someone had dunked pink melted wax into purple paint. It is amazing what worrying about family can do to a bored insomniac at 3am. So after getting some models on Kickstarter my gaming friends coerced me into buying some Skaven and from that point on I was hooked.

I have four burgeoning armies growing, albeit slowly. My Skaven are the only WHFB and they have stalled at 120 models, curse those horde armies. I also have an Ork Dread Mob slowly wheeling out (I love their walkers!) and a Death Guard Unit, in homage to my dad who sadly passed from cancer. Weird I know but he was an artist and appreciated warped humour.

The army I hold dearest of them all, that is still like all of them a work in progress, are my Thousand Sons, who are for my mum. She just loves anything Egyptian/Persian, as do I.

I've recently played my first four games of 7th edition, and am happy to say I do love that side of the game too. My favourite moment is watching my large blob of Sons tarpit some hyped up Space Wolves. The irony.

Thanks for taking the time to read this wall of text. Have a great day one and all.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Welcome to Heresy mate! :good:

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Welcome fellow grey beard to this wonderful place.

I hope you find this place fun and full adventure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts