Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.. Run for your lives. No, just kidding. I'm nice. -Grin.-

Anyways, pleasure to meet you all. I'm Jen -- yes, that's right. It's a GIRL. Gasp. I hope I'm not the only one around here. :3 I have an extremely terrible sense of humor, don't mind me..

But, yes, building on that, I'm one of those rare, rare creatures. A 40K fangirl. I'm sure that there's more of us out there, but it's such a rare thing, you know? As is, hiya. I'm something of a learned newcomer to 40K, and I still consider myself a newcomer despite the fact that I've been collecting and reading the books avidly now for.. a few years. Easily since '06.

I'm not much of a tabletop gamer, I'm afraid, what with the prices of paints and the miniatures themselves, but I'm quite brushed up on my fluff - at least as far as the Eldar, Imperium and Chaos go. I've been reading about the Orcs, Necrons, Tau and 'nids as well, but I'm better with the 40K stuff. xD I'm also in the process of learning my way around WHF, courtesy of the Malus Darkblade novels.

Hands down, favorite author? Dan Abnett. He's doing something right to be one of their best-selling authors, you know? I also love Simon Spurrier's one-hit wonder, the Lord of the Night novel. I read that thing every few months.

I'm a bit of a fangirl period over certain Primarchs and even, sometimes.. the Emperor himself. Do I like my heresy extra-spicy? Why yes I do. Life's no fun without the Inquisition giving me funny looks ;D But no worries, just give me my Sanguinius fix and it'll all be okay..

Oh, and as for where and how I found this place? I was reading TV Tropes (that site is such an informative timewaster. You're learning stuff AND not doing other things at the same time! Better than Wiki, anyways.) and decided to google something I read from it and found my way here.

Also.. xD Apologies for the long and rambling introductory post. I'm very, veryyyyy prone to those as I've been using forums for about.. 10-12 years now.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Welcome to Heresy Jen!
Always good to have someone of the opposite sex on here, and don't worry your not alone :)
hope you have fun, and get involved :victory:

Oh, and the Darkblade novels are the tits!

Jack

·
Registered
802 Posts
Hi Dude! im J-J, nice to meet you :) what army do you play? (pleeeeaaaaaaassseee dont say dark eldar :laugh:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@ Ultra - Why thank you! It's a pleasure to have found myself at a place where I can have several rants about something and people will actually understand me. LE GASP. Having to explain 40K to people who don't get it takes the fun out of rants. xD Bwahaha. Well, I only rant part of the time.

Also, yes, the Darkblade novels are indeed the tits. I'm such a nerdy fangirl for Malus it's so ridiculous. I even had a druchii character inspired for my roleplaying after reading them the first time through.

@SMGAlice - Woo! I'm not alone! :D \o/ -Happy flail.-

@Dakingofchaos - If I was ever going to pick up a tabletop army to play, I'd probably have to vote between something Chaos or Imperial. Either way, I'm pretty sure I'll find something that makes me happy. |D

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
I'm sure there will be plenty of chances for you to rant away lol
And I know how you feel, I had the same problem haha

If you wanna pick an army to play tabletop, you may find this tactica useful. Should be able to find different ways to play each army to suit your prefered style, or just look up some chaosy/imperial goodness on how to use your army :)
hope that helps

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you, Gothic! I'm sure that I will! :D

And Ultra, I will definitely say thank you for that link. It's always good to get some help in trying to figure out what I'd like to play, should I ever get into doing anything tabletop.

·
Registered
228 Posts
welcome to heresy :)

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Hey dude (sorry I use it as a unisex term :p) welcome to the heretical family

1 - 12 of 12 Posts