Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone, My online handle is Chance, because I have strange strokes of good and bad luck. I've only started painting minis around 2 years ago and I've been "playing" warhammer 40k for just about a year. a few matches here and there against a friend who also got into it around the same time.

I play Tyranids and use a custom Hive Fleet which I have dubbed, Hive Fleet: Basilisk. I sort of wanted to combine the Leviathan and kraken schemes with my own twist on it. So I make use of the tan exoskeleton like Kraken, but have a Purple to magenta transition over the carapaces using 3 shades between the two colours to transition smoothly. I topped it all off with Magenta stripes like Leviathans pale purple stripes to add some extra details.

I also try and make use of "Zoning tactics" not sure if that's the right lingo for this game. but basically I try and limit my opponents options on where they can move their units safely to manipulate the battlefield in my favour. My main opponent plays Necrons so I have to beat him by out tactictian-ing him.

I also came here because I was tired of getting flamed when I'm trying to spark a serious debate. people are incredibly rude on reddit.

·
Registered
Space marines ( 13th Legion/ Ultramarines chapter), tyranids, Drukhari, Custodes, SoS,
139 Posts
Welcome fellow Hive Mind-er.

I like the description of your hive fleet colour scheme, quite the unique take on it. Do you have any photos?

My custom hive fleet in based on a splinter fleet of Hive Fleet Kraken. They have invaded a world claimed by Nurgle, and the forces of Chaos tried to destroy them by infecting them with Nurgle's rot. However, the tyranids adapted, forming a symbiotic bond to the contagion. They now possess the ability to control the malady, and are now shunned by the rest of their hive fleet. They are known as Hive Fleet Pestilencia, and have all the hallmarks of disease and decay in their colour scheme.

What other armies have you played against? If you ever get the chance to come over to the UK I'd love to give you a game ( I am based near Warhammer world so plan a trip to 40k Mecca while over here :) )

You are using the correct terms, however in 9th edition it is all about control of the objectives. You can zone control your area of the board, but you need to factor in being able to push the enemy back, or push through their lines to claim the higher worth-objectives. And with the nids penchant for psychic power, remember to smite to your heart's content.

Keep up the good work, and I look forward to seeing your army in photos :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts