Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Heretics, I used to frequent this board around the release of 5th edition, my handle used to be Siege but I guess I signed up again with this account at some stage that I don't really recall. I fell out of the hobby when I succumbed to ice addiction and pretty much have been lost in the warp the last couple of years. As a recovering user I need to keep myself busy and when I stumbled across about half a dozen of my old Guardsmen, I just felt a return to the 40k universe might be a good idea. I see much has changed since I left so I thought I'd come back here. The guys and girls on these forums were so helpful back then, hopefully I can pick up some more tips and advice as I return to the hobby.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks mate, it's a long road. And that might be easier than you think as I have been considering Chaos for a few reasons, one I think it might be one of the cheaper options and I just feel like I relate to the whole Chaos thing a bit more lately.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers for the warm welcome guys but considering my recent history I think it's best I refuse any offers of mysterious substances from strangers, even if they are devoted disciples of Chaos.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I was just browsing the GW webshop and wow, I know this has always been an expensive hobby , but jeez, 80 odd bucks for a codex? Things have gotten a touch more pricey I think. Anyway, any advice on turning to Chaos on a relatively average budget?

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Okay cool I just checked out the DV box and it seems like the way to go, Cultist minis yeah!!! Where were they when I attempted a LatD army years ago? Anyway just a few questions, I don't really want a crimson slaughter army, creating my own characters and fluff is a big part of the hobby that I enjoy, so how hard is it to convert the models to another chapter?

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah I do appreciate a good mutation so IW is a no go. I am thinking Nurgle.

That's great to hear about the models, I imagine it will be a bit more difficult with the Dark Angels? I don't mind the idea of having my own little warband of Fallen Angels but would it be codex legal?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.