Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to start a new thread about planetstrike, which is probably the greatest expansion invented.:so_happy:

·
Registered
361 Posts
not played with it , so any ideas would be good before i buy another book i read once then never use agine lol

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If your into long campaigns for a planet you've never even heard of then I recommend it for you. Planet strike is actually many types of games in one which allows you to mobilize your entire army in a castle breach type of game. The first game in the campaign (its basically a well develloped scroll campaign) which is called planet fall.

Planetfall is the initial attack upon the planets defences, in other words DDay 40 k style. Of course you get stratagems which give your army a so called one up on the enemy. Attacker gets firestorm, which is literally d6 +3 large blast markers of s9 ap3 death from raining fire. Basically picture the movie Armageddon when the asteroids hit Singapore.

Reserves come in on 3+

Any questions?

·
Registered
361 Posts
to be onest it sounds like a good idea , but i just dont get enough games in to play a champaine =(.

but i think il have to have a look, thanks for the tip

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's actually a very wise investment, the game makes you completely rethink your strategy. My strategy originally consisted of an entrapment spear head tactic. Heavy troops follow up the rear as drop pods fall behind enemy lines, I had to change my strategy by employing heavy defense positions

1 - 8 of 8 Posts