Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when you take a heavy weapons choice, do those 2 guard still count as having las guns? incase you decide to move and shoot for instance

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
They do still have Lasguns, and they also count as 2 wounds per base. Personally I prefer Autocannon HWTs in my 30 man blob, or if I'm playing Vets in Chimeras I will put them there to shoot out of the firing hatch. It's nuts they only count as one model for shooting out of a Chimera. It really depends on what you're facing and what the rest of your army is though, if I didn't have so much anti tank coming from my tanks/fliers I would likely be more tempted to play Lascannon HWTs for the S9 AP2 of it all. Missile Launchers are also a fun time (Flakk being a waste of it), but again I still prefer the rate of fire and cheapness of the Autocannon.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
From the AM Codex,

For all game purposes, each Heavy Weapons Team or Veteran Weapons Team is treated
as a single model with the Bulky special rule – it may only fire one weapon in the
Shooting phase, only gains one additional Attack for charging, and only counts as one
model for Morale checks, for example.
so one Lasgun or Heavy Weapon shot, but two wounds on a base. If they're on the move I'd wager one dude's carrying the big gun while the other is providing covering fire, or one dude's Snap Shooting the Heavy while the other guys carries the ammo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts