Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!
I've been thinking about this for a time already: in a community so much inspired by metal (at least where I come from), why aren't there any characters to represent all these legends whose music we love?

So here is my first draft for these characters, I'll continue adding more with time, however if you have any nice ideas feel free to submit them! :)

Universal special rules for the characters

Bandmates:
Any character can purchase up to 4 Bandmates for a cost of 15pts. Each.
Each additional Bandmate adds +1 A and +1 W.
Please note that every Bandmate has to be represented on a base, however he doesn't count as an additional model in terms of transport capacity or other.

In the name of Metal, charge!
Every character has the Furious charge, and fearless special rules

Special Equipment
Every character comes with a Master Crafted Power Weapon, a bolt pistol, and power armour

Characters:

James Hethfield
James Hethfield...... 145 points

Ws 5
Bs 4
S 4
T 4
W 3
I 4
A 3
Ld 9
Sv 3+

James Hetfield was once a normal human, but then he saw his mother getting killed by an unknown plague at the age of 10, on that day he made an oath before the Emperor, that he'd deliver the galaxy of all evil.
To this day, he valiantly fights for the armies of the Imperium, always from the first line, strengthening their morale from the frontline with his songs.

Special Equipment

Whiplash
Instead of the default power weapon, James has this weapon:

Range 6"
Str +1
Ap 3
Shred

Instead of shooting James May use this weapon.
A character hit with this weapon has to pas an Ld. test, if said test is failed, the character is moved in base to base contact with James and counts as having been charged by him and his unit.
This rule doesn't apply against Units of more than one model and vehicles.

Special Rules

Can take up to 3 Bandmates

For Whom the Bell Tolls? It tolls for you!
At the beginning of the game, James can choose one enemy unit, James gets the Preferred Enemy USR against that unit

Master of Puppets[\i]
Once per game, James can force an enemy unit within 12" to move 6" in any direction, he cannot move said unit closer than 1" to an enemy unit

Phil Anselmo...... 140 points
Can purchase up to 3 Bandmates
Ws 5
Bs 4
S 4
T 4
W 3
I 4
A 3
Ld 9
Sv 3+

Phil comes from the remote prison planet of Louisian VI, there he quickly learned how cruel humanity can get and how painful life is.
When he was a conscript, he usually was assigned to a leadership position due to his inherent brutality and ability to beat his rivals into submission.
From there on he ascended to the rank of major general, and now roams the galaxy with his own unit of men, each one selected by himself in order to help to besieged guardsmen everywhere in the galaxy

special equipment

Primal Concrete Sledge
Phil's power weapon is a master crafted thunder hammer with following profile:
Range -
Str x2
Ap 1
Concussive, Armourbane

Special Rules

Five Minutes alone
When in a challenge, Phil's weapon has the rending special rule

Walk
When running, Phil and his unit use 2d6 instead of 1d6.
In addition to that, they can re-roll charging distance once per game

Ps: This is only a test, I'm not sure at all for the profiles for example. So feel free to comment/criticise/correct

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Lol :)
Back in the '90s when GW was a merry company, we used to have space marines with guitars and even metal albums inspired by warhammer!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a band called Bolt Thrower right? if you know them, can you maybe tell me if they're worth listening to, as I'm constantly on the search for new Metal experiences ^^

Now that I'm in Belgium, I'll be able to add more characters! Stay tuned! :)

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts