Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of some variety in the heads for my custom set of Sword Brethren...

I noticed a bunch of nice styles i could use very well that are from the "Empire Greatswords" set. Also i saw some Chaos Marauder heads that could be modded easily to fit how i want. Do they compare well in size to the Space Marine heads?

If not, any recommendation on how i can vary the bare head Brethren? Or different helmets to change it up? I am searching for bits and everything is Scout heads or generic Commanders.

I liked these Heads shown in the game (FoK Mod of course)

Anything like these exist or am i going to have fun with some green to get the results i wish?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
the top one looks like the company champion head (tho it has a couple more details than that model)

the bottom one, i think it will have to be greenstuffed, cuz i havent seen a helmet like it :/

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bottom one seems like i could do it fairly easily.

Any thoughts on the Empire Greatsword heads or Chaos Marauder?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
ive done some custom helms take a utility knife and thin plastic card scratch down the faces to just the eye socket and then cut the platic card to shape if you want to add rivets just cut litle circles of plastic card this will be a challenge of course not the size but just getting it to glue where you want it. good luck if you want to see a custom helm ill post a pic just message me

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
both empire great swords and marauder heads work well with space marine armour but you may need to give them a little elevation so they sit at the right height.
Excellent!! Exactly what i wanted to hear. Elevation is no prob. Scaling though, is what i was worried about.

Let the Sword Brethren live!!

Since we are on the topic.. Any tutorials or tips on making a new helm?

5tonsledge check your PM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts