Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the title says it all im putting a unit of havocs into my army list but ive never used them I dont even have heavy weapons with my troops so any little bit of advise would be great.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Havoc load out should simply be a bi-product of what your army needs. Not got enough anti tank? Throw in the lascannons/missile launchers and have a squad of them sit on the back line blowing things up. Need anti infantry? Autocannons and heavy bolters. Want a close support unit for your front line troops? Give them 4 Plasma guns, flamers or meltas and shove them in a rhino.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
If given heavy weapons, just be sure that they are deployed where they have multiple fire lanes and good line of sight to as much of the table as possible.

I've seen too many players recently place them in cover, but with LoS blocking terrain preventing them from getting a shot off the entire game.

·
Banned
135 Posts
If you're adding them for pure firepower, look into some Noise Marines instead. But, if you are adding them for anti-tank, look into Obliterators, and if you still need more anti-tank then give the Havocs Missiles Launchers or Laser Cannons if you have enough points.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts