Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it goes like this I have a local opponent who fields the following speed freak list.

9 biker nobs with a biker warboss, and dokk
9 nobs in truck with a warboss, and dokk, in truck
5 units of choppa boys with powerclaw nob in truck

My list looks like this
2 DP's one with lash the other with warptime.
1 GD
9 berzerkers in rhino with Skull champion with PF.
7 chosen with 5 plasma guns, and asp champ
10X2 CSM melta, laz cannon, rhino, Icon of khorne.
12 havoc squads. 2Xmissle launchers, 2X auto cannons, Icon chaos glory.
2 vindicators.

Now I have never won against this opponent, but I have never lost either with both of us ending up with 10 or so models in the end.

So the battle more or less goes as one would expect with his nob bikers turbo boosting right in front of my lines while his truck follow. I usually lose my dp's, and berzerkers fighting the biker nobs, while my havocs and marines drop every single truck. However sooner or latter it ends in a huge melee in front of my havocs were my line usually eventually buckles to the orks that get dropped left and right as they run for my hovocs atop buildings. Now I wouldn't normally consider changing my list, but the only unit I have that can kill the nob biker before they tie up my line is my vindicators which of late have been performing poorly. Now what I was thinking is putting a 200 point khorne terminator force with PF's to charge the nob units after I lash them close enough, which should in their suicide charge kill 6 nobs.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
ever try plauge marines? i hate to face those diseased marines, 3+ armour with fnp and blight grenades which means no bonus +1 for attacking. lash his unit you want dead near them assault and the plague marines stay until you kill orks. make sure you have powerfist though to really kill orks. hope this helps as not a chaos marine player but loyalist.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It would against regular orks (Which I really have no problem killing in groups of 10-15 at a time, but the problem is the 15-20 powerclaw attacks I face from any of the nob squads something Plague marines really don't do well against. Still thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Mech up and laugh, you win. Zoom a Rhino 12" and those Nob Bikers are hitting on a 6+, which seriously reduces their effectiveness.

Even if they do destroy it, they're nice and bunched up for you so you can drop templates on them until they go away.

2 DPs with Warp Time following up will smash them.

Nob Bikers are the only threat in this army. Token firepower will shut down his trukks, but 12 boyz aren't enough to threaten marines, especially if you bring Plague Marines.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts