Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wish that they would reveal the reason as to why all the remaining loyal Primarch eventually disappear. Anyone have any cool ideas?

My favorite explanation is that: The Emperor had to make deals with the chaos Gods in order to create the Primarchs. The Primarchs discover that their very souls are held "hostage" by the Chaos Gods. So the surviving Primarchs are all inevitably "called" into the eye to either pay the price or fight their own demons for their soul.

I think this explanation fits several of the Loyalists fates.

Corax-could have been compelled by his own demons to accelerate the initiation process which led to abominations and ultimately him going insane--a demonic trait

Russ leaving into the Eye.

Guilliman **this is a little crazy** The assassin was not sent to kill him but to preserve him-in stasis.

Sanguinius-they never mention what happened to his soul after Horace crushes him.

Khan-Lost in the webway...safe from Demons and Chaos.

Dorn- He didnt just die on some ship...sooooo lame. Hes bing tortured by chaos right now fo sho.

Manus-I thought it was strangely boring when the Iron Hands primarch is killed in combat. There is no great psykic scream or storm. Primarchs are demi gods and when they die it is no more spectacular than the average guardsman...I think something else is going on...

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
And at the same time kill him Guilliman? Well when manus died it did make quite an issue of it, were some quite bizzare effects going on as he died

·
Registered
948 Posts
I wish that they would reveal the reason as to why all the remaining loyal Primarch eventually disappear. Anyone have any cool ideas?

My favorite explanation is that: The Emperor had to make deals with the chaos Gods in order to create the Primarchs. The Primarchs discover that their very souls are held "hostage" by the Chaos Gods. So the surviving Primarchs are all inevitably "called" into the eye to either pay the price or fight their own demons for their soul.

I think this explanation fits several of the Loyalists fates.

Corax-could have been compelled by his own demons to accelerate the initiation process which led to abominations and ultimately him going insane--a demonic trait
Corax did not go insane he was driven by guilt that he could not help the Emperor so tried to clone his Sons, he failed and could not bear the shame, he left because he could not bear to be with his Sons anymore after what he did to them
Russ leaving into the Eye.
Unknown why he left all that is known is that he and all but one of his body guard the 13th company went into the eye of terror, it is speculated that he is either looking for the planet of the sorcerors to finish what they did at prospero :ireful2: DAMN YOU RUSS, or looking for a cure for the Emperor

Guilliman **this is a little crazy** The assassin was not sent to kill him but to preserve him-in stasis. What assassin? Guilliman had his throat cut by Fulgrim and is now in stasis

Sanguinius-they never mention what happened to his soul after Horus crushes him. He died...just like any other person, he died so that the Emperor could defeat Horus...the greatest of them all slain by the Arch-traitor

Khan-Lost in the webway...safe from Demons and Chaos.
:victory:

Dorn- He didnt just die on some ship...sooooo lame. Hes bing tortured by chaos right now fo sho.
Dorn did die aboard a Despoiler class battleship Sword of Sacrilege but he managed to stall and stop the 2nd black crusade in the act.

Manus-I thought it was strangely boring when the Iron Hands primarch is killed in combat. There is no great psykic scream or storm. Primarchs are demi gods and when they die it is no more spectacular than the average guardsman...I think something else is going on...
Nope, this is set in stone, Manus is dead and nothing else is going to happen

My two cents
CS

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
And Vulcan's vanishing being something similar?

I don't know. Sure, several promised to eventually return, in things such as the Wolftime, buuut...I'd be fine with the idea that about half the Primarchs are dead. Dorn? As far as I'm concerned, it's a coin toss with him.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
And Vulcan's vanishing being something similar?

I don't know. Sure, several promised to eventually return, in things such as the Wolftime, buuut...I'd be fine with the idea that about half the Primarchs are dead. Dorn? As far as I'm concerned, it's a coin toss with him.
I've always viewed the promise by Russ and Vulkan to return in the End Times to be akin to the promise of King Arthur returning in Britain's darkest hour, lovely story but no real belief in it actually occurring.

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Indeed, the Endtime very much sounds like the final battle, which we will never see. I can see more light being shed on Vulkans fate in the HH series

·
Registered
948 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Kind of...reminds me of a certain Lux.... :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts