Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Closet Dictator
3,435 Posts
The colour scheme is very "reichsgard knight" looking. Admittedly I know practically nothing about age of sigmar, are these guys the equivalent of the empire

·
Thordis
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The colour scheme is very "reichsgard knight" looking. Admittedly I know practically nothing about age of sigmar, are these guys the equivalent of the empire
from what I understand thus far the humans of the old world are scattered in lose tribes/communities for as far as they are still alive.
the stormcast eternals are basicly "worthy" humans who Sigmar has wisked away from the battlefield since his godhood started up to the endtime. to reforge them into the stormcasts. a bit of a mix of space marines and the fallen from valhalla in norse mythology.

TL;DR I don't honestly know. but personaly I don't think they are.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
I'm liking the look of those!

·
Registered
3,694 Posts

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Digging it. The only thing I might suggest it trying to 'aim' a bit more with the washes. They can add detail or obscure it by pooling just as easily. An example I see of pooling is on the leftmost Eternal's shield along the top. The black looks off around the details.

Keep up the good work though, I may just be unresearched on the topic but you have a unique look going on here :drinks:

·
Thordis
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:grin: yeah, i heard the gw managers saying the same thing

About your models, they remind me of roman legionnaires...
you could use that vibe and the background of the Legio Fulminata...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legio_XII_Fulminata
that is actualy a pretty neat Idea. I will look into them. and see what I like. thanks for the idea :victory:

Digging it. The only thing I might suggest it trying to 'aim' a bit more with the washes. They can add detail or obscure it by pooling just as easily. An example I see of pooling is on the leftmost Eternal's shield along the top. The black looks off around the details.

Keep up the good work though, I may just be unresearched on the topic but you have a unique look going on here :drinks:
yeah its horrid isnt it? the truth is. I have been to lazy to correct it thus far :unsure:

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Looking really sweet so far mate, keep it up! I am looking forward to seeing a maniple of these guys arrayed like the legionnaires!

·
Thordis
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
long time no see!
my Lord celestant has a shield now!

why? because it is a new rule option and he gets targetted. A LOT.

and my stormhost thus far.

it consists out of
Lord Celestant on Dracoth
Lord Relictor
10 Liberators
10 Liberators
6 Retributor Paladins
3 Prosecutors
3 Prosecutors
5 Judicators

after this weekend I will possibly add 3 Dracothian Guard.

·
Thordis
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nice work on the cavalry. How did you find the kit?
the kit is really good, all weapons options are pressent, and easy to assemble as well.
what was most exciting for me was to find out that the Dracothian guard/Lord celestant bits are perfectly compatible with the Lord celestant from the starter set. as you can see with the Dracothian guard in the middle.
I replaced the shoulder guard, the head and the weapon arm from the Lord Celestant of the starter kit with those from the Dracothian guard kit and added a shield. making sure that you can use multiple ones of those in your force and still have unique models.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts