Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
121 - 140 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
so playing against GK is just plain not fun at all.
I've had some tough times over the editions facing these guys with Guard. It's a bit of a crap shoot, specially if your opponent is always out fer your throat. Part of why I have such a large collection of models is out of adapting to beat armies as opposed to just collecting what I like for my army. Strangely, when I gave up on the internet's advice to me and started just playing my army a ton I started winning more often than not despite playing a low-tier army (BA). Even the GK guys with their Draigo-stars have had a hard time sweeping me under the table since I reintroduced Dante, someone I had formerly given up on based on the interwebz information. I guess I play with some cool people though, which helps even when they bring game-altering unit choices. We also communicate pre-game about the brand and age of cheese we'll be bringing out so total blow-outs don't happen anymore. Key.

its hilarious that I can still blow Ravenwing/deathwing combo armies of the table tho..
There's always some armies you just have an easy time with. For me it seems to be Space Marines.

this is what I at least have to finish before buying more
So....you're like a week away from buying a new kit? :laugh: I put together seven models (infantry, nothing big) in the last two months. Boo-yeah.

·
Thordis
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 · (Edited)
the Ultramarines 3rd company are starting to take shape nicely

however this still needs finishing XD

that is:
Half an Assault squad.
1 tactical squad with multi-melta and melta gun.
1 captain with stormbolter and powersword.
3 servitors.
2 objective markers.
1 razorback with lascannons thats going to be repainted from wolves to Ultramarines.
1 stalker.
1 landspeeder.
3 droppods that are going to be rebuild and painted from wolves to Ultramarines.
1 honour guard standard bearer.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Excellent, I love the bigger battles! Very interested to hear your thoughts on the new formations, I was considering trying one or two out soon in a 5000 point game.

Great work so far on the ultramarines, it's a very impressive allied detachment that you have going there!

·
Thordis
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
Excellent, I love the bigger battles! Very interested to hear your thoughts on the new formations, I was considering trying one or two out soon in a 5000 point game.

Great work so far on the ultramarines, it's a very impressive allied detachment that you have going there!
I already beat him once on a 2000 Point game, I combined the Emperors fist armoured company, the Emperors blade assault company and the Emperor's wrath artillery company. highly effective I wiped his ravenwing/deathwing combo army of the table

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
I already beat him once on a 2000 Point game, I combined the Emperors fist armoured company, the Emperors blade assault company and the Emperor's wrath artillery company. highly effective I wiped his ravenwing/deathwing combo army of the table
Good Show! I'd like to have seen that!

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
Heh. Congrats.

But isn't that a little like saying, "I'm addicted to the most boring drug around, and I just relapsed."

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Heh. Congrats.

But isn't that a little like saying, "I'm addicted to the most boring drug around, and I just relapsed."
Despite the perennial hate that Ultramarines get, every time I play Rome Total War I get an urge to start a collection...

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
Oh, I don't hate them. I just think they're bland.

·
Thordis
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
welp gues what, Kasrkins never got finished. they will eventualy. but not any time soon.
I have however put time and energy in some other projects.
A little diorama

build some objective markers.

finished these veterans and transport for the APC

Wall of martyrs

also Heresy Era Ultramarines!

this ten man squad will be a 20 man squad when I am finished with them.

·
Closet Dictator
3,435 Posts
Great output of work, some good painting, I would only suggest drilling out the barrels on all of your guns, makes them look a lot better in my opinion, keep up the good work

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
He looks beautiful :)

121 - 140 of 147 Posts