Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

61 - 80 of 146 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Aaaaah yeah Wyverns are awesome. I put a down payment on my third one last week, once I pay it off I'll be fielding three in any game up to 1000 points as a staple.

·
Thordis
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #67 (Edited)
looks like I will have a 2vs2 battle on Thursday with my guard.
750P for each player.
I was thinking of using the following list.

Lord Commisar 65
Platoon Command Squad 30
Infantry squad, Flamer. 55
Leman Russ exterminator. 140
Leman Russ battletank. 150
Armoured Sentinel, Lascannon. 50
Armoured Sentinel, Autocannon. 45
750 Points

another version I am considering is:

Lord Commisar. 65
Platoon Command Squad, 4x flamers. 50
rough riders Melta Bombs, 2x Melta guns. 80

·
To The Dark Tower Came
879 Posts
looks like I will have a 2vs2 battle on Thursday with my guard.
750P for each player.
I was thinking of using the following list.

Lord Commisar 65
Platoon Command Squad 30
Armoured Sentinel, Autocannon. 45
750 Points

another version I am considering is:

Lord Commisar. 65
Platoon Command Squad, 4x flamers. 50
rough riders Melta Bombs, 2x Melta guns. 80

I would recommend swapping the russ' with a punisher and a vanquisher.
Standard russ just aren't great any more without lumbering behemoth, and asside from the sentinels, you have very little anti tanks, which at 750 may not be a problem, but would hate to see your guard get mushed because you didn't have enough.

Edit: Plus why arnt you taking that sexy wyvern you just painted!?

·
Thordis
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
I would recommend swapping the russ' with a punisher and a vanquisher.
Standard russ just aren't great any more without lumbering behemoth, and asside from the sentinels, you have very little anti tanks, which at 750 may not be a problem, but would hate to see your guard get mushed because you didn't have enough.

Edit: Plus why arnt you taking that sexy wyvern you just painted!?
I will be playing against a grey knights/blood angels team. these two have a track record of putting everything in transports. so I will probably barely get any good use out of a wyvern xd. in the last 2vs2 game against them it was my Infantry squads and lascannon sentinels that carried the day. as well as the lord commisar holding off against a Blood Angels Chaplain for 3 turns.

you make fair points on the Leman russ tanks. but the only problem I have is that I have a terrible experience with single vanquishers. I might exchange the Battletank for the Punisher. or maybe a basilisk.

lastly my Sisters of battle ally will have plenty of melta's to cover anti tank. I am going to let this sink in a bit and sleep it over. I could and should have provided more information in my innitial write up xD

·
To The Dark Tower Came
879 Posts
I will be playing against a grey knights/blood angels team. these two have a track record of putting everything in transports. so I will probably barely get any good use out of a wyvern xd. in the last 2vs2 game against them it was my Infantry squads and lascannon sentinels that carried the day. as well as the lord commisar holding off against a Blood Angels Chaplain for 3 turns.

you make fair points on the Leman russ tanks. but the only problem I have is that I have a terrible experience with single vanquishers. I might exchange the Battletank for the Punisher. or maybe a basilisk.

lastly my Sisters of battle ally will have plenty of melta's to cover anti tank. I am going to let this sink in a bit and sleep it over. I could and should have provided more information in my innitial write up xD
Fair enough if you think your ally can handle any tanks, I just personally find it better to be able to handle everything without relying on a partner, but then I have had some terrible ally's in my time :laugh:

If you are worried about transports I would take a couple of autocannon squads instead of the exterminator. I just feel there are so many better ways of getting some S7 in a list then that tank. The HW teams would let you shoot at more targets for less points plus the command squad's orders would be far more useful on them.

But yea good luck on the day and let us know how it goes :good:

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
For what it's worth, when I play doubles (which recently is a lot because of a campaign I'm involved in) my partner and I always balance each other's list instead of trying for internal balance. It seems a more effective use of the FOC and typically plays to each person's taste anyway.

Thoroughly enjoy that Wyvern. That is probably the biggest and clearest possible picture you could have replaced old blurry with :laugh:

·
Jeepers
1,354 Posts
Okay I need some opinions terribly badly
I am going to join AoS with the stormcast eternals but I am not sure wich colours scheme to use. I came up with two that seem interesting.

I would love to hear people's opinions on the colour combinations. don't mind the shodyness :p this is just a test XD
Green for me, all the eternals i ever see are metalic colour plus blue or red, its nice seeing green for a change, plus you make silver and green work.

·
Thordis
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Green for me, all the eternals i ever see are metalic colour plus blue or red, its nice seeing green for a change, plus you make silver and green work.
you have seen red ones? O-O darnit! well at least the silver works :p I saw way to much Gold with different hues of blue and purple in my area and I realy wanted to get away from that.

you make silver and green work.
thank you so much for this! I had a lot of doubts about green with any metalic colour.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Whilst I love the red colour scheme - makes me think of Roman Legions! - I agree that the green is by far the better choice. It looks very good! :good:

Bear in mind red is my favourite colour, and I can't stand green :laugh:

·
Thordis
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #78 (Edited)
so while I await more feedback. I did not forget about the storm talon of this months painting challange :p still working on it!
however my local GW started a tale of X gamers type event, for AoS and I decided to join in on the fun. waiting for an order from our friend @bitsandkits so I can fill in the first 6 months within a reasonable budget.

I also played my first game of AoS with the starter set at my local GW and had an absolute blast. it is simple, fun. yet tactical.
once I get going propperly I will probably make a new Plog just for AoS.

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
I like the green scheme, but I think you need one more colour to the palette. The red currently stands our more, as you got a good vibe going with the silver, gold and red. The green and silver looks lacking in comparison.

For it to live up in comparison to the reds, find one more colour - Possibly the gold as well?

·
Thordis
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #80 (Edited)
I like the green scheme, but I think you need one more colour to the palette. The red currently stands our more, as you got a good vibe going with the silver, gold and red. The green and silver looks lacking in comparison.
I thought this as well but I cannot find colours I am statisfied with to go with both green and silver, not even copper.

For it to live up in comparison to the reds, find one more colour - Possibly the gold as well?
tried gold xd sadly I don't find green to be a gold colour so to so say, I was absolutely not happy with how it came out xD

on another note. I found out there is an actual green with silver stormhost already X-x, so having some second thoughts about the green.

61 - 80 of 146 Posts