Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

41 - 60 of 146 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Nice one. I have three of these cases and they quite comfortably carry 14 leman russ and a macharius vanquisher, 16 chimera/hell hound, and four baneblade variants between them. Now, to get some more and carry the rest of the army...

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Awesome Banner Bearer! The card banner works really well, you have absolutely no spillover on your details and I quite like the effect that you've got with the black washed white details. Nice one!

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
^ nice! Though, I have definitely been that guy taking a Redeemer and banking the enemy has nothing to deal with it with their horde. What organization do you fit your infantry into within the Combined Arms Detachment?

·
Thordis
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
^ nice! Though, I have definitely been that guy taking a Redeemer and banking the enemy has nothing to deal with it with their horde. What organization do you fit your infantry into within the Combined Arms Detachment?
none I think, it was basicly a "bring everything you have" battle, but I chose to side with the camp that could only use infantry for the hell of it. ( I also don't realy know how combined arms detachments work but that is an aside XD)

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Ah! Well that works too. I typically run my infantry to deal with other infantry/light vehicles and leave the anti tank to my tanks...in an all infantry battle I would be boned aside from melta bombs :/

A Combined Arms Detachment is the current name for the classic Force Organization Chart of:

1-2 HQs
0-3 Elites
2-6 Troops
0-3 Fast Attack
0-3 Heavy Support
and currently also
0-1 Fortification
0-1 Lord of War

By the way, connecting two tables like that with a bridge? Friggin' amazing. I want to do that so the joke of my artillery hitting the table next to me can become reality! :laugh:

·
Thordis
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Ah! Well that works too. I typically run my infantry to deal with other infantry/light vehicles and leave the anti tank to my tanks...in an all infantry battle I would be boned aside from melta bombs :/

A Combined Arms Detachment is the current name for the classic Force Organization Chart of:

1-2 HQs
0-3 Elites
2-6 Troops
0-3 Fast Attack
0-3 Heavy Support
and currently also
0-1 Fortification
0-1 Lord of War

By the way, connecting two tables like that with a bridge? Friggin' amazing. I want to do that so the joke of my artillery hitting the table next to me can become reality! :laugh:
Ahh now that confusion has been cleared up for me.
the store manager build that bridge with empty sprues :laugh: I definitely hope to play another connected table battle with my artillery pressent.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
That is a great find.

·
Jeepers
1,354 Posts
I know its not your work but I love that bridge, thats also an epic way to do Larger scale games too.

Absolutlly love that middle standard bearer, is that freehand?

·
Thordis
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I know its not your work but I love that bridge, thats also an epic way to do Larger scale games too.

Absolutlly love that middle standard bearer, is that freehand?
honestly I wish, but no its an Ultramarines 3rd company banner printout. I will be practicing my freehand in private and once I am ready/judge myself good enough I will be free handing the 3rd company banner design on the plastic command squad standard bearer.

41 - 60 of 146 Posts