Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally finished for GDUk, was an absolute barsteward to paint, many many hrs... very happy with it though

·
Registered
811 Posts
seems like nice work, however the background is very distracting

I would go with a more neutral color, maybe a warm gray, and you should lighten up that watermark on the background, its a very good Miniature, but the background makes it very hard to see.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Agreed - kill the background. Apart from that it's an excellent paint job

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Awesome mini, bad background.

Very nice job on the posing too. Looks like he's about to open up a can of ninja on someones ass.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After various negative feedback on the backgrounds iv been doin recently, iv dropped the outer glow and the reaper in the background, i thought they looked cool, but i think the general consensus is their too 'flashy'. so iv redone the back ground in a simple gradient colour, i want to ask u guys which picture looks better and get general feedback/advice on backgrounds generally. note the original pics were all taken on a white background to make sure the light is reflected as well as poss and for white balancing purposes

Dark blue - matches the dark purple on the lord

Classic blue

·
Registered
143 Posts
definitely the gradient blue to white - much better

·
Grey Knight Converter
2,169 Posts
Awesome man, looks much better with the simplier background. Good work on the blending.

·
Links Manager
1,007 Posts
Absolutely fabolous, you've gone from 'awh my eyes, my eyes' to .......'woow' simply with the change of background!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts