Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

61 - 80 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
£24 for two, so 12 quid per bike? Its not as bad as I thought it would be. I was expecting at least 15, possibly 16.

Still I suppose GW make enough money off the Solitaire and other charcter models. I mean, £16 for one guy?

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Now if only I could actually paint well enough to even consider taking a stab at these...
As someone who has a large variety of harlies, there are many ways of doing them. Follow the link in my sig to see a bunch of different ones, but like Bits said the Black and White "Mime" look works really well, like so:

and, I did my bikes up in solid contrasting colors like this:

As for the unit themselves.../drool. I am buying at least a box or two of these and then I think i will re-base my existing clown face bikes on two bikes to a stand which will each represent another "starweaver".

Yeah, depending what the last batch of stuff brings will really shape how much of a standalone army they'll be.
Since it appears they are returning to the old Harlie-dex style, the Death Jesters are most likely going to be a stand alone Heavy Support unit. They are going to have a dedicated transport as well for fast unit delivery. This is the same basic army they were rocking during third edition and it worked well then (even though a bit limited in scope). Combine those with the solid characters and the existing models we have already seen and I think Harlequins will be just fine as a stand alone army (also throw in the possibility of mimes since they have been doing some throwback units).

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
the current shadowseer reads as no longer available, any word on whether we'll be getting a new one? Also anyone who played harlies back in the day, did deathjesters come in units of multiple models or were they units of one?

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Also anyone who played harlies back in the day, did deathjesters come in units of multiple models or were they units of one?
In 2ed and the 3ed codexes you would buy Death Jesters as a "unit", but each DJ was then an independent character who would act separately. I don't think that is quite how they will work now, but to bring that method forward I could easily see them being bought and played in the same manner as a Warlock Council.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
This is probably a stupid question, but....

Where will I be able to get the rules for these new Harlies? Nothing on the GW site indicates that 'rules for fielding these units are here'.

I very nearly pre-ordered the Masque of Vyle assuming it had the rules in it! :/

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Currently you can get them out of last week and this week's White Dwarf, and I believe the new boxes have been coming with the rules as well...can't confirm that until I pick mine up tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Wow that's cheap for two bikes of that detail and size!

And, is there a new codex for these coming out? I'm not sure if I am reading the rumors right but it sounds like there is....? Ala Militarum Tempestus.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
So, they haven't told us what order they are releasing the rules? For example, I have just bought WD53 (rules for Troupe and Solitaire) and found no 'Enigmas of the Black Library' list, and no mention of when it, nor rules for transports etc, will be available.

Who's stupid, fucking idea was it to release fragments of information?

this should have been released as either a codex or one data slate.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
So, they haven't told us what order they are releasing the rules? For example, I have just bought WD53 (rules for Troupe and Solitaire) and found no 'Enigmas of the Black Library' list, and no mention of when it, nor rules for transports etc, will be available.

Who's stupid, fucking idea was it to release fragments of information?

this should have been released as either a codex or one data slate.
They'll be releasing the dataslates with each units rules in the same WD as they release the models, which does make sense actually.

Now the order that they're releasing the models and rules, thats a whole different ball game. I cant see the point of referencing a rule, or in this case, options, in a publication when said publication is yet to be published.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Sorry, just to clarify
- when I said "one data slate" I meant one slate per unit
- when I said "fragments of information", I meant a non-ordered way with no forecast.

Bad wording on my part!

I wrote it in a rage than they have, in my eyes, messed up this release as far as the rules go :/

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Looks like we know why they were out of stock now. From BoLS:
Ready, Steady, Go! The new Harlequin transport is here, along with TWO new character models as well as this week’s prices!

Problem is that this leak may raise more questions than it answers, because now it seems like were looking at a four week release window for the Harlequins IF we are indeed getting a codex out of this.

Revealed today are the new Starweaver transport, and the Shadowseer and Death Jester models!

The new characters appear to be plastic ‘multi-part’ models of the previous Finecast versions, as they appear more dynamic at first glance.

This new Starweaver looks to be a upgrade for the Dark Eldar Venom model, which along with the Harlequin crew could just be a sprue swap for the existing kit.
And from Natfka (via BoLS):
CODEX: HARLEQUINS
A 96 page full colour hardback Codex that contains new background, artwork, colour schemes and rules for the harlequins. RRP £30HARLEQUIN STARWEAVER
A Multipart plastic kit making either a fast moving troop carrier or a heavy weapons platform called a Voidweaver for Harlequins.
RRP £25 WARRIORS OF THE LAUGHING GOD: A HARLEQUINS PAINTING GUIDE
A 168 page full colour paperback step-by-step painting guide for Harlequins.
RRP £20
All released next Saturday (Feb 21), pre-orders on this Saturday (Feb 14).

·
Registered
109 Posts
So, the 'Starweaver' looks like a 'more Eldar, less dark' Venom. Almost the same as the conversions I did for my Corsair army! I'm sold.

61 - 80 of 129 Posts