Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
You awaken inside a hardware store. The last thing you remember was falling peacefully asleep in the comfort of your own bed, but you find yourself hogtied on the ground inside what appears to be a dimly lit custodial closet. Confusion begins creeping through your mind as you struggle to understand your situation, but then... A voice.

An intercom mounted in the ceiling tells you that you have been captured and that you are not alone. The voice warns you that everyone else in the store is out to kill you by any means necessary, as the last man or woman left standing will be released along with a prize of several million American dollars in cash. Any attempts to breach the exits of the store prematurely will result in you either being sniped, killed in a mine field or mowed down by automated turrets outside of the store.

As the intercom clicks off, you feel the electronic shackles binding you are released and the lights kick on.

What do you do to survive? Note, this is a full fledged hardware store and sells things you'd typically expect. However, there are no firearms.

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
well electrical tools are useless, it takes too long to charge batteries and finding plugs is difficult and short ranged.

anything petrol driven will need refueling, time consuming in the middle of a melee.

I'd go for the garden section and go for a sledgehammer and 2 handaxes, easy enough to carry and efficient killing tools, I'd also try and get my hands on any tool body protection I can find to act as armour.

as a ranged weapon I'd attempt to find high powered needle guns, its not a firearm, and its not much, but it might cripple someone long enough to allow me to attack with hammer or axe.

and of course a bag, torch, batteries, and food and drinks from vending machines.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I'd head to the customer service desk, grab the intercom, then announce that everyone's been punk'd and it's perfectly safe to go outside.

and if that didn't work i'd grab a screwdriver and hide by the chainsaws waiting to shank all the people who've seen too many films.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
well first priority some petrol and a lighter or if the store happened to have liquor and rags same idea, you can't get me if i am behind a wall of fire, failing that i'd go for axes and hammers, preferably the wood working kind with the nail remover in the back, next i'd look for a nail gun or the aforementioned needle gun ( it'd hold people back or give me a chance to hurt them, then lastly search for padded clothing, or protective ware. Things to pass on, electric tools, batteries aren't charged and not worth finding and protecting an outlet, chainsaws, because if i found gas i am already using it, and if i don't have gas well then its not worth a damn thing, and knifes (non throwing kind) every one else will probably have an axe and well i am not quick enough with a knife to beat a homicidal axe maniac, also once i found what i can i am looking for a corner, it limits the angles of attack, no one sneaking up on me.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I would lock the door and make no noise at all. If there is a convieniently sized air duct I would probably hide in there. I figure let everyone else kill eachother for a while and then suprise the last few.

·
Registered
634 Posts
a couple of some big axes and if i knew where a power plug was a nail or screw gun, they inflict some hurt. maybe use a gas bottle for a cannon if i have a chance. as for a place to hide maybe on the top of the massive storage things or in a display so i can get people in the back or maybe head.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
With everyone throwing gas bombs and setting things on fire. I am going for the fire extinguishers, an aircompressor and some canister air, a good dust mask and a hunting knife. I would also build some propane bombs, nail bombs and pipe bombs to throw and start as much stuff as possible on fire. Then when everyone has died in the fire or from smoke inhilation I can get away. Anyone gets close I blast them in the face with a foam fire extinguisher and stab them to death and since I am a chef I know how to slice a body apart very fast.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I'd head to the customer service desk, grab the intercom, then announce that everyone's been punk'd and it's perfectly safe to go outside.

and if that didn't work i'd grab a screwdriver and hide by the chainsaws waiting to shank all the people who've seen too many films.
There goes my idea, except I would've used a soil aerator instead of a screwdriver.

·
Registered
180 Posts
PVC tubing, pipe glue and aerosol. Find something to use for a fire plug and start shooting handfulls of nails with a spud gun.

·
description whore
2,864 Posts
Sit upon the floor and wait of axeman number one
as he goes to strike

"To kill me you must answer these riddles three"

Only a mace can cure the riddler

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Make a couple of jury rigged nail bombs, cant be too hard, grab a nail gun, but main weapon of choice? got to be the crow bar people.

Crow bar, its light but durable as any other potential weapon. Its definetly blunt enough to cause a heavy amount of trauma, then theres the hooked end which could cause a horrific amount of damage, the other end is usually about sharp enough to stab someone. It's got longer range than a knife, but takes o much less effort to use than an axe or sledgehammer. Have you ever tried to accurately swing a slegehammer or axe? it isnt easy. And its also excellent for breaking things!

So yeah, perfect weapon is crowbar

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I'd go for a machete. A surprising number of hardware stores carry them. Much lighter even than a crow bar. They're hacking weapons, and thus relatively easy to use with no training.

Failing that, axe handle. Handy bludgeoning weapon, quicker than an actual axe.

Keep my head down, maybe find a mask. Wait for all the overconfident bomb-makers to blow themselves to hell. Hack/bludgeon anyone who comes to close.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Assuming I have the time, I reckon I could craft a makeshift crossbow using some wood, some PVC piping, maybe some sort of cord and a door lock for a trigger. There should be some wooden rods around for bolts and all kinds of material to use for the heads.

I'd probably take a machete or two as close quarter weapons, use a few and climb on top of the shelves to get a great vantage point of the floors below.

I'd also do my best to rig as many traps as possible. Like setting up trip wire that causes material to fall down when sprung and some bamboo whip style traps which are quite easy to set up. Or even just rig up something that makes a lot of noise so I know where people are at. Even if people cut a few of them, they're quite easy to replace.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
So yeah, perfect weapon is crowbar
Gordon Freeman? Is it really you?

After i've shanked all the chainsaw people i'm going to wander about shanking the people doing bloody carpentry and science experiments :wink:

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
Ride on lawnmower and a sharpend pole from the timber section, a garbage bin lid and a bucket with a slot cut in it painted black. I am the Black Knight. Alternatively, Petrol powered pressure cleaner with the water supply hose into a drum of fuel.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts