Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
This one is not easy IMO I think either the Emporer Karl Franz because he gets a dragon now and wields Gal-Marazor or Ggrimgor Irionhide because hes a combat monster 7A and S7 and always striking first. But, Zacarius from the vampire counts is a really powerful wizard.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Now I've thought about it some more I think Manfred von carstien has to be a contender because hes an vampire who and beasts in combat hes also a powerful wizard who uses one of the best lores of magic in the game.

·
Links Manager
1,007 Posts
For overall power I'd have to go with Manfred on Carnstein. For sneaky tactics and strategic benefit I'm going with Kazrak the One-Eye.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Tyrion, Defender of Ulthuan 1+ armor save, 4+ ward, and 4+ reg almost imposible to kill

·
Registered
67 Posts
Alone?

If we include mandatory bodyguard Im going to have to say lord Kroak. Nigh impossible to kill with shooting, CC or spells, hard as hell temple guard with him and The best magic in the game bar none.

·
Registered
3 Posts
well outside of lord kroak (which is the obvious one IMHO) i think it was tyrion in the last-edition book, but also thorgrim grudgebearer may be better

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
grimgor ironhide defeated Archaon:) (i think)
i also managed to take out thats High Elf character (cant remember name) with the huge dragon. aah, happy days...

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
for effect on a game as a whole i'd have to go with morghur where else can you get loads of high toughness spawn for the cost of a few chaos hound and the free rally is priceless as is the magic disruption and special shooting rules

·
Registered
67 Posts
Actually, I change my vote

Because it depends what you use them for.

Close Combat for troops - Valten with Ghal maraz
Close Combat against characters - Crom the conquerer
Long range - The twins from the wood elf rule book
Spells - Lord Kroak
Leadership - Greasus Goldtooth
The Anvil - Thorgrim Grudgebearer
Most effects on a single game - Morghur

Hardest as in one with the most survivability...Thorgrim.

·
Registered
49 Posts
well this is a very tough one but as i see it the choice is split between two characters the one that effects the game as a whole and the ultimate combat monster I would say for game effects its got to be the anvil character for the dwarfs he just does to much stuff for him not to be the top choice plus he has almost no chance of killing himself off with his reroll ability. The ultimate combat monster is indeed a hard one there are so many big nasty characters to choose from but from my experience there are 2 that really stand out and that is archon and my personal favorite the dwarf slayer king. He is so nasty well those are my picks.

·
Registered
396 Posts
i dont do fantasy, but i know lord kroak is like 1000+ points so he must be awesome and stuff.

-Olek.

·
Registered
52 Posts
i like grimor because of 7 st 7 attacks 1+ save black orc body guard and a bargan a 300 PTs

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
The best in points and ability is the green knight.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts