Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
This is going to sound cliche coming from me, but you guys are comparing chapters as if the were different regiments of the same army, if you want the hardened warriors then you gotta go to Special Forces, so im thinking the deathwatch or atleast somthing from the Inquisition, i mean the deathwatch are normal marines that have been taken aside and given EXTRA training in dealing with xenos and so on, so id say the Deathwatch are the hardest chapter, if they can be called that.

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
given that the deathwatch aren't a chapter, and are just marines seconded to the OX, i dont think they can be included. also, their numbers would be too few.

My vote goes to the Grey Knights. FTW.

·
Banned
677 Posts
If by hardest, you mean toughest, I'm going Iron Hands. As a whole chapter though, if it isn't the Iron Hands, it is the Salamanders. Those would be the hardest to break IMO.

Khaine

·
Banned
801 Posts
They don't count, given that their existence can't even be verified. Besides, they don't fulfill the criterion required of a hard army.

Again, Grey Knights. Each and every one of them is a potent psyker, with skill equal to a sergeant of a normal Marine Chapter, amed with the best weapons the Imperium has ever produced, and the sheer mental fortitude to run towards a charging Bloodthirster. And that's just the entry-level position.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
given that the deathwatch aren't a chapter, and are just marines seconded to the OX, i dont think they can be included. also, their numbers would be too few.

true, in that case definitly grey knights. mind you thats like calling the SAS a non existent force, which they are, they are a full regiment.

Well actually the deathwatch are a chapter, their proper name is CHAPTER Militant of the Oro Xeno.

·
Registered
966 Posts
uberschveinen said:
They don't count, given that their existence can't even be verified. Besides, they don't fulfill the criterion required of a hard army.
why not? I know a fair few ppl who play with them, that seems like verification to me. Plus if you go on that fluff basis then rule out Grey Knights aswell as most ppl, even SM's, are unaware of thier existance. They are the Chamber Militant of a most seceret organisation.

Why don't they fill the criteria? Lets see, ethereal marines that seem the appear out of nowhere and vanish without a trace while kicking the arse off anything they meet?

seems hard to me.

·
Banned
801 Posts
No, you're confusing capacity to deal damage with total capacity. The LotD never fight their own battle. They show up at a pivotal point, kill just enough guys for the normal guys to be able to get the job done, then bugger off. Their entire miltary capacity is to deal damage, and nothing esle whatsoever. They aren't hard, they're a one-trick pony.

As for my point, the Grey Knights are known about by anyone high ranking enough to have been told of them. On the other hand, the LotD and their existence are a hotly contested topic within the Inquisition, and even their most fervent believers have their doubts.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Black Templars for the win :D

5000 insanely fanatical Space Marines ^^. What's not to love?

·
Registered
94 Posts
right 1st off the death whath thing there not a chapter as a chapter has the same genseed thay do not thay are an ordo waeopn but not a chapter
and as such should be dis conted as this is about chapters

and my vote is the iron snakes as there my chapter and read tactica imperailis if you dont thinck there rock hard and nails to boot

gris

·
Registered
94 Posts
thats as legible as it gets and if you carnt read it please try harder

im dsyleic by the way

gris

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
torealis said:
Ordo Xeno Commander said:
Well actually the deathwatch are a chapter, their proper name is CHAPTER Militant of the Oro Xeno.
I made a mistake when i called them that, they are, infact, the Chamber Militant of the Ordo Xenos.
ohh sory. still the Grey Knights are a Chamber Militant and they have been classed as a chapter, havent they?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Fluff wise I'd go with the GK's even though there not a 'real' believable chapter as such, gaming wise It's has to be BA's hands down, go on argue It I dare thee! :p

1 - 20 of 34 Posts