Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
I know it was a really good short story, but come on now BL, that is just milking the cash cow beyond belief.
It is one of the better shorts that brought us one of the best characters in the series so far, but considering it came out in a paperback anthology this is stupid. No amount of arguing or persuading will convince me that anyone that buys this is not a moron. All that completionist bullshit doesn't work if you already have it in its original format.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Personally, I don't have a problem with this. I've never liked Shadows of Treachery, and have abstained from buying it all these years. Two (albeit highly praised) novellas with a hash of audio prose and random shorts. Ugh, no thanks. Tales of Heresy had some original ideas, which were expanded upon in later novels; Age of Darkness was a strong introduction to the post-Isstvan/pre-Terra years; Mark of Calth was another focussed novella, and The Primarchs was decent. On the contrary, Shadows of Treachery feels like a hastily-thrown-together clusterfuck. Granted, I'm perfectly aware of the butthurt Games Day exclusives create, both here and on other forums, and the taboo of audio dramas in general - so I can't fault the anthology conceptually. However, no amount of legendary Sevatar wit will ever change my mind.

Still, £15-£20 including shipping is steep. Have already ordered, mind.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
To be fair, Shadows of Treachery finally gave the readers 3 audios in written format (all which I think are the best audios of the series) + 2 great novellas. It was certainly worth the price. Buying this novella for the double of that amount surely is not worth anything. Milking the cow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts