Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Happy New Year! What are some of your hobby goals for this year?

3K views 47 replies 33 participants last post by  Straken's_Fist 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, hope all of you had a good time drinking and spending time with friends for New Years. Hopefully everyone stayed safe. :drinks:

I don't usually make New Years resolutions, but I do make some hobby goals that I try to complete before the next year.

Last year, the goals I made were to play an apocalypse game, make a superheavy vehicle, play my first Hordes game, and make a few special ork HQ models. I completed all of them except for the apocalypse game, although I did manage to watch one at my local FLGS.

This year I plan on creating my first diorama, become proficient in using an airbrush, play an apocalypse game ;), and maybe buy my first FW model.

What are some of yours?

#30 ·
My hobby resolution for this year is to complete at least three units of my backlog per unit purchased (if any) :)

My new years resolution? Hmm well that would probably be to have a full fledged 2000 points of each Chaos God in my Daemons Army.
I'll hold you to that, Nord! :good:

#8 ·
I need to finish up my Empire for the tournament in March and clean up some of my Harlequins...However, my main goal for the first half of the year is to get the rest of my Space Marines done.

#22 ·
You should be able to manage both of these if you play less GTA and FIFA :grin:

My goals are to complete my Burgle Deamon army, build a new Lizard man army and build 2 Eldar cosplay suits for Games day this year.

As a I side project I would like to enter something into the Golden Deamons, so I better start planning that.

#10 ·
Having just spent the autumn blitzing through uni studies (roughly a year's studies in half the time), I barely had time to read the White Dwarf or forums, much less than even paint more than maybe ten models in total, so my goal is to actually get some stuff painted! :grin:

Really, I've been following other people's painting logs and felt really jealous due to wanting to paint models myself, but actually not having the time for it... Even though the decision to take all those classes was my own, I still feel bad about the amount of unpainted models that I've left unattended for so long. So now, after a long break, I've taken out the brushes again and actually gotten some paint onto models.

However, as my inspiration to paint different armies can change even daily, I won't name any one army that I want to complete. However, I do promise to paint models and start a painting log! :grin:

- Loran

#11 ·
My Goal is to finish building a 3000 pt PURE 2nd Catachan Regiment, AKA "The Catachan Devils". While I only started again a month ago I have already accumulated roughly 2000 points of unique models and want to continue, especially getting as many old metal ones that I can.

Along with finishing my Catachan Regiment I am very interested in converting a unique Nurgle Army maybe 1500 pts or so.

Happy New Year to all, well wishes and good health!

#12 · (Edited)
I don't really set myself goals, just go with the flow really, but I would like to maybe get a diorama done, to prove my modelling skills and test them and to maye convert a really unique lord for each if my armies, so they really stand out
Also I would like to get a pair of BFG fleets going tau and imperial both consisting of 6 cruisers and a battle ship for the club

And a happy new year to all!
May the emperor protect!

#15 ·
I've got about 1000 pts of old metal chaos marines from the 90's undercoated so this year i want to get them done as allies to my daemons.

I've also got an Ork battleforce that i got cheap so the plan is to start a small Speed Freaks army once the new codex is out.

I may well plog these as well to try an get my post count up!

Oh yeah and improve my figure photography as its terrible at the moment....

#18 ·
Hobby Goals:

Keep scaling back/selling off 40k, finish my Salamanders and Chaos: I am in a position now where I can play almost every cult troop variation with Chaos SM and have enough Daemon Allies. Exception to this: I will probably do some Fallen Dark Angels to play as chosen with Cypher. Just a cool little side project more for the modelling than for playing with.
My Guard was finished a year ago and I will see if I still want to play them come the new codex; If not, then 5000pts will be sold off over the summer.
40k is reaching a natural conclusion for me (as much as I love it) and I am starting to prefer games which take up less time playing, painting and transporting, so I can concentrate on more important things this year i.e starting an agricultural business overseas is going to be taking up most of my time!

Expand into Neverborn for Malifaux. Currently playing Guild and fancy something different from the Wild West gunslinger theme.

Paint my Ju Jing starter set and start learning Infinity at my FLGS!

Might also start dabbling in Dystopian Wars for some Epic Scale wargaming and I like the steampunky models, they have been calling to me for a while in the shop window. Depends on how much time I have.

#19 ·
Spend more time painting than reading forums and planning what to buy next.

If i can get what's sat on my WIP shelf painted this year i'd be pretty happy tbh.

#24 · (Edited)
And get my backlog finished...

20 Wraithguard
2 Wraithknights
Spiritseer
Eldar Aegis line
Vyper
Cobra
10 Khorne Berzerkers
Storm Eagle
20 Csm's
Fabius Bile
Abaddon
Ahriman
3 Landraiders
2 or 3 squads of Havocsn (not sure on how to split them up yet)
Heldrake
2 Vindicators
Space Crusade Dread
10 Raptors
10 Warp Talons
10 Noise Marines with sonic blasters and blastmasters

And left to buy
Cypher
Be'lakor
Bat Doors for my Batraider (NL Landraider :))

#27 ·
My hobby goals for this year are:-

Paint a Daemon army and hopefully do a project log for it. (Got a battleforce box for Xmas. :grin: )
Learn to play the 6th edition rules properly. I've still got 5th edition rules stuck in my head and whenever I pick up the rulebook I tend to just look at the pretty pictures and read fluff.

Happy New Year!

#31 ·
Get a thousand point parody chaos demon army that lets me us a Modoka figma as a greater demon of tzeentch.

second: start robot nid zilla and start using dust tactic stuff as some monsters. (depending on how fast a trynid monster creature focused supplement rolls out)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.