Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have they stopped bringing out Hammer & Bolter, I just looked on the site and can't see any new editions.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I guess the short story focus is more on the Digital Monday offerings now. Hammer and Bolter was fun while it lasted, but these weekly shorts are pretty nice too.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its a shame it gave them the oppurtunity to try out new authors, it couldn't have cost a lot to produce, I for one will miss it.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Its a shame it gave them the oppurtunity to try out new authors, it couldn't have cost a lot to produce, I for one will miss it.
They are trying out new authors with the Digital Monday stories, and getting $3USD for 25-30 page shorts. As opposed to a lot more content for a little more money, that H&B offered. I'm not going into one of the old "Black Library greed" rants, but hey, money talks. Loud.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yes, pretty sure the e-Shorts released on Monday's are the replacement for H&B.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Have they stopped bringing out Hammer & Bolter, I just looked on the site and can't see any new editions.
Yes they cancelled H&B, they are compiling them in those GIANT anthologies of short stories.

There was no announcement that I saw, but they haven't brought out a new edition in a long time, just the compilations.
They did announce it on the blog and facebook page some time ago.

I guess the short story focus is more on the Digital Monday offerings now. Hammer and Bolter was fun while it lasted, but these weekly shorts are pretty nice too.
Digital mondays have replaced hammer and bolter, apparently, everyone wanted just the stories out of H&B, so that is what they did, only on a weekly schedule instead of monthly. I would be surprised if they didn't compile these into yearly anthologies as well(Though it would seem that some of the digital mondays releases are actually re-releases from older/LE short story anthologies such as the Games Day Anthology)

Hope that helps guys! and sorry to restate what you had said mate!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts