Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading a website of scottish proverbs i found on saying “False friends are worse than bitter enemies” and i wanted to incorporate it into my chaos army as their warcry or something like it. and so i got the idea for writing some fluff on them, being Hakanors Reavers. but they are my own legion so dont feel tied by anything you've read or heard about them, only that they have been cursed with a fiery destiny and their armour constantly cracks and reforms like it was lava.

any ideas are accepted and will help with the writing of my story behind my chapter.

thanks in advance
OXC

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
Oh! I saw these guys in the WD magazine! I think it's a really cool piece of fluff. I was thinking about starting them, but decided to revamp my Death Guard into my new Word Bearers instead. Glad to see somebody using the scheme!

In my opinion, I think that Chaos Marines are kind of hard to write about...especially the fanatics like World Eaters. I would say that the story would have to be dark and gloomy, with a touch of the squad nailing a still living IG trooper to the unit's Rhino.

Really sadistic and twisty, basically.

-Dirge

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
Chaos is hard to write about. It's easier to focus on the path of an individual champion than on an organization as a whole. Across the board, Chaos Space Marines are bitter SOBs who like nothing more than exercising their superiority complexes in the most violent outlet they can find. The real question that needs to be answered is WHY they're a bunch of bitter sons of b*tches who have violent superiority complexes. In the words of Sergeant Hartman, "What is your major malfunction?!" Something happened to the renegade Astartes to make them go apesh*t nuts, so ultimately, it falls down to deciding just what that was. Crisis of faith, deciding the Imperium wasn't really worth protecting, twisted perception of duty (i.e. we're going to make the Imperium stronger by making its people defend themselves), and the ultimate futility of what the Astartes do (seriously, the Imperium is sort of f*cked.) are all good starting points or things to consider the renegades might have thought.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
too true.

but yea, any help would be good. i have an idea though

because i have converted SM termies in my army, i was thinking along the lines of they chapter was originally an SM one, but they had just lost a battle to chaos and some of them were tainted, they converted the rest without the others realy realising. then they hit a steller firestorm (dont ask) and it infected their slightly more vunerable armour, giving them they're glowing appearance.

btw im changing them from Hakanors Reavers to my own chapter, but im pinching their colour scheme lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts