Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GW is apparently sending free snap-together Space Marines to around 200 comic book shops as part of Free Comic Book day.

Yes it's an advertising tool primarily used by the comics industry, but it's actual free stuff from GW (not to mention GW advertising? A very rare thing indeed!)

More details here: http://www.freecomicbookday.com/Home/1/1/27/206?articleID=147227

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Wow second freebie in a month, plus GW advertising outside of the stores and WD, maybe this is the influence of that non - executive director they hired a while back, didnt she have some back ground in marketing?

I believe she was a marketing or at least business hot shot, and fairly well known in some walks of life

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I'm really glad GW is doing this. Not only bevause I'm going to get some free SM's (like I need more) but because it shows them being proactive. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come. Not saying they have to give away something free every week (would be awesome though!) but I am saying they do need to do this. So in short: credit where credit is do. Well done GW.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Baby steps. But at least they seem to be willing to take them, instead of just hogging that wheelchair we are used to see them in. Let's hope they can keep this up.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
fingers crossed that this is the start of something and not the "be all, end all"

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Credit where credit is due, this is a admirable move on GW's part. Hopefully this is the start of something new (or old anybody else remember when WD sometimes came with a free mini?)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts