Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been to many GW but I have never had this bad of an experience. The staff member was saying "seriously, what can I get for you" and I told him countless time I didn't want to buy anything but a small drybrush and their wash but he said are u buying stuff on Ebay? Why aren't you supporting us? And then he was like why are you lying? You said you never own an army, and he look at me with ill intention. It was exactly like he was interrogating me. You don't go into a store as a customer and get interrogate it. I was so annoy I wanted to say I would if GW didn't constantly increasing their price and not giving a dam about their customer. I don't get mad often but I felt so disrespected as a customer so I bought my stuff and got out.

Next time I should lie about having own an army already. Seriously I can't remember any other kind of store that force their customer to buy things.

This was a big GW store, the biggest I ever been through. It call GW Battle Bunker, and it had lots of table and stuff. From my experience, I will only be going to small GW store and not the big one. Small one tend to be much friendlier and let you wonder off, the big one are too much of a hassle.

I didn't have a good sleep either, I felt so angry. So what if I buy my stuff second hand or at another store, the economy in the US is low, and why would I pay 20 dollars more for the same item? Does he think I'm that dumb to spent more money for the same item? People who tend to do well in life know how to save money.

Nevertheless I'm never going back to that GW store ever again. It was an awful experience, and one I want to forget completely.

·
Registered
644 Posts
That is harassment and that is ridiculous. You were just looking to pick up a few things and he hounded you? I feel bad for you mean. I only ever buy my paints and tools from stores now because the models are so damn expensive. I don't blame you. You shouldn't have to be interrogated for it.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
put in a complaint, i would. fuck that guy! ...not literaly, that wouldnt help anything :/
LOL!

That is bullshit. If that were me I would have told him to go fuck himself, I can't stand people like that! make me very angry :angry:

I never buy anything directly from games workshop. Ebay, other internet auction sites, giftsforgeeks, wayland games etc are all good (and cheaper). Street markets are good as well, and carboot sales. Picked up a squad of tac marines and 2 rhinos for £7, all unassebled still on sprue from a carboot, rough saving of about £50 maybe? :p

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
No staff should ever talk to you like that, You really should put an offical complaint into the store, you may even get some free stuff as an apology

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
That guy would have gotten a piece of my mind (seems to be a recurring theme here) and also probably a crack in the mouth for his ignorance :threaten:
I agree, you should complain, that is not the way that businesses are run or the way they treat their customers.

SGMAlice

·
Registered
252 Posts
I hate to be the stick in the mud but we are only hearing one side of the story here. I mean, the OP did point out he hadn't gotten much sleep and I'm wondering if there wasn't just a misunderstanding?

I don't mean to come across as an apologist for GW. It's just that they're pretty good about training their people to be friendly so it's hard to imagine somebody deliberately being as blatantly rude and nasty as we're being told about here.

There's a Battle Bunker (relatively) near my home and the staff there is as friendly as can be, and never have I been given a hard time for buying stuff on eBay, and no, I make no secret of the fact that I do.

·
Drinker of tea...
2,277 Posts
I avoided GW stores for years because of the constant harassment every time you went in. If i want something, i'll ask, until then, let me browse. I'm more likely to buy more things if i'm concentrating on the products rather than trying to fend of your constant questioning.

Thankfully they seem to have chilled out a bit these days and i actually enjoy going in and having a chat with the staff.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
I hate to be the stick in the mud but we are only hearing one side of the story here. I mean, the OP did point out he hadn't gotten much sleep and I'm wondering if there wasn't just a misunderstanding?

I don't mean to come across as an apologist for GW. It's just that they're pretty good about training their people to be friendly so it's hard to imagine somebody deliberately being as blatantly rude and nasty as we're being told about here.

There's a Battle Bunker (relatively) near my home and the staff there is as friendly as can be, and never have I been given a hard time for buying stuff on eBay, and no, I make no secret of the fact that I do.
Not to mention English isnt his first language and has purchased or was intending buying secondhand and stripping models bought from ebay i can understand the "not supporting us" question/accusation if thats actually what was said.
Anyway its a bit over the top to get all angry over the actions of one member of staff for trying to sell you models for your hobby, its his job, hes likely on a performance related pay, summer months are lean for retail and the US stores have been under performing.

Anyway move on, its not the end of the world, far worse things than a pushy sales person to worry about in the world.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Here is the Games Workshop contact information for North America.

GAMES WORKSHOP: "CONTACT US"

Call AND Email them with a well written (spelling and punctuation are important) and detailed account of your experience. Name the employee that gave you the problems and ask that something be done to satisfy you, the customer that an issue like that will not happen again. Do not threaten or use foul language in your email or phone conversation, be the bigger man here.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
@the-ad-man

Do you think a complain would help? Do you think I would get free stuff? And yes English isn't my first language, I'll be trying to get better at grammar.

@Lord Sinkoran

I'm a real nice guy so I don't know how to handle those situation. I just gave a fake smile and he started to tease me and accusing me of lying.

@unixknight

I understand your point of view. I have been to many GW and some of them hassle me like crazy, but not to the point where it felt I couldn't say anything right. I been to many GW as well and most of the staff are genuinely nice, but this particular gentlemen was awful. So I know what GW hassleing is like but this was too far.

@Unforgiven

I don't know what his name was only that he was African American (I don't know if I can say that in the complain) (that his nationality, not being racist or anything). I don't know anyone that could help me spell check, would any of you guys mind helping me out with that? Rep will be added.

There is more to the story, like how he tease me with painting since I never painted before. I won't go into further detail, but I will write it all down in my complain. My personal life with GW miniature belong to me, and I felt my privacy was invaded as well.

Thanks for the reply guys.

·
Registered
252 Posts
@unixknight

I understand your point of view. I have been to many GW and some of them hassle me like crazy, but not to the point where it felt I couldn't say anything right. I been to many GW as well and most of the staff are genuinely nice, but this particular gentlemen was awful. So I know what GW hassleing is like but this was too far.

This wouldn't happen to be the bunker near Baltimore, MD would it?

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
I don't know what his name was only that he was African American (I don't know if I can say that in the complain) (that his nationality, not being racist or anything). I don't know anyone that could help me spell check, would any of you guys mind helping me out with that? Rep will be added.
Thanks for the reply guys.
I wouldn't say african-american was racist, not any more than calling me 'white' for instance.

If you going to send a complaint letter PM it to me when you write it i'll check it over for you if you like.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
@unixknight

No, it call the LA Battle Bunker and it located in Orange Country, California.

@Ultra111

I would very much like that and rep will be added. How do you call them and ask for some kind of compensation? How do you go on about asking them that?

Thanks so much guys for the encouragement.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Wow, I must say you handled that WAY better than I ever could of. I'm not going to lie, I have a short temper and if another man begins to harass me out of nowhere AND call me a liar there will be problems. People say/do some very bizarre things. That would be one of the reasons why I probably would of shoved him over onto the playing tables. Then left, not buying anything.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
@the-ad-man

Do you think a complain would help? Do you think I would get free stuff? And yes English isn't my first language, I'll be trying to get better at grammar.
i think it would help, they guy wouldnt get fired. most likely he'd get re-trained or have a good telling off. it was most likely a joke of somesort which he completely fucked up on haha

dont ask for free stuff, it'll look like your fishing for items, if you write in saying 'this guy was a dick, i want a free landraider!'

it would be nice for free stuff, but dont expect it. afterall, this is about a staff member's attitude, not a faulty product.

also, your language and grammer is better than alot of people i have come across, who speak english as a first language! :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 78 Posts