Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my army, the Warmongers which I've had for a while now has just been officially retconned colour scheme wise :(

It's gone from this

to this

·
Registered
533 Posts
:laugh:

Just going to have to buy brand new stuff then, aren't you? And make sure you don't label your existing space marines as Warmongers when you ebay them- it's too late for that! GW have spoken.

Eh...screw GW. Get a green marker out, colour in the white bits on that space marine picture in the codex and carry on

It's annoying GW did that but maybe the 3rd company are just a different colour to the rest of the chapter?

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
There have been several instances mentioned in previous codexes etc of different Chapters having the same name, so there's no reason why your marines can't still be the WarMongers :good:

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
There have been several instances mentioned in previous codexes etc of different Chapters having the same name, so there's no reason why your marines can't still be the WarMongers :good:
Also there are instances of space marine chapters adopting different color schemes during campaigns or just changing over time.

Traditional Howling Griffons color scheme.

troop color scheme.]Alternate Howling Griffons color scheme.

Howling Griffons traditional vehicle color scheme.

HowUltramarines alternate vehicle color scheme.

2nd Alternate vehicle color scheme

Above are several color schemes for Howling Griffons troops and vehicles, some of them current canon, some retconned and some fan based, all of which appropriate ways of painting them. I've even seen blue and white, snow camo Ultramarines in WD and they looked awesome. Their your minis, paint them how you see fit.

PS sorry about the sorry state of the image titles, my BB skills are rusty, but none of the links are broken.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
that alternate colour scheme might be because they belong to the 3rd company, who may be on a campaign or changed there colour because of a specific honor or memory, look at the dark angels, 3 different Armour colours in that army alone all with very unique reasons, or blood angel deathcompany marines and the howling griffon example above.

If anything this is a good thing, it means you can expand your force, paint them in a different scheme and make it nice and fluffy.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Closet Dictator
3,429 Posts
Just keep your guys as they are, your Warmongers can be the West side Warmongers and the others can be East side Warmongers:eek:k:

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Heck, a ton of the founding legions changed their colors after the Horus Heresy. If they did it, surely the Warmonger might have a reason

1 - 11 of 11 Posts